Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

for those of you with clear bras...

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014 | 05:17 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spiffyjiff
...i need help on 2 things:

1) price - i got a quote from a reputable shop for about a $1,700 for full front: bumper, hood, fenders, etc. and about $1,000 for the "half front" (which i think is bumper and 24" up the hood/fenders?) are these prices reasonable?
Your price is in line with that installation for high quality film (suntek, xpel).

I just got back from the track, based on all the rubber all over the car and the blast of oil clean up dust and a few desert rocks that made their way to my front bumper, I'm glad I got the install suggested here when I asked a similar question a few months ago. At a min, if you are tracking a lot, and want to keep the paint decent:

Full front, full hood, full bumper, full front fenders, lower rocker panels, a pillars, leading edge of roof, and the rear fenders, I had them go up extra high and back further, behind the rear wheels, and the wing & mirrors. I have rubber on EVERY one of those spots. The only thing I'd probably add and may add is the doors (a few marks, not much) and I may do the windshield.
Old 01-27-2014 | 10:31 PM
Kaiservon
Advanced

That price seems about average for a full wrap from a pro installer. Seems pricey, but worth the price for protecting the paint. Pretty much all PPF naturally yellows over time, but white shows it off the worst. It didn't stop me though from wrapping the entire hood, fenders, bumpers, rear wheel arches. Then Lamin-x on the headlights, t/s, side markers, and tails. Protection on the windshield protection too. I went all out, but I have a really good reason.
Old 01-27-2014 | 10:51 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

can you guys who wrapped the rear wheel arches show pics of it, esp those that didnt do a full car wrap so there is a line
Old 02-12-2014 | 03:56 PM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Emailed ya some pics
Old 02-12-2014 | 08:55 PM
AP328
Rennlist Member

The pricing you have is about right. We get a lot of "gravel" put on the roads in winter and some of it stays around all year, so it is critical to protect, or you will repaint. I put it on all of our cars.

I have a car that I take on PCA drives and track occasionally and I did full front hood, bumper, headlights and fenders, the rocker panels, doors, mirrors and from the doors back to the engine compartment, then the A pillars and the leading edge of the roof.

The film looks perfect and it is easy to clean.

As a minimum I would door full front (hood, bumper, fenders, headlights, mirrors), rocker panels, and the rockers behind the rear wheels. The trailing edge of rear fenders from about the 2 PM position back is also good.
Old 02-13-2014 | 01:30 AM
forhamilton
Rennlist Member

My biggest issue with 1/2 front is that you can see it and it looks like crap. Full front it disappears and full protection.

Quick Reply: for those of you with clear bras...