Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Harbor Freight Tire Trailer Examples?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 01:17 AM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice and thanks for sharing. I need the trailer to pull double duty and I think the one that Nick shared is going to work. Price is right, $800.00, made to my specs, tongue is removable, has stake pockets and I can remove the Tire hold downs and lay down a flat bottom to use for gardening etc. Just getting the details put together and will share with all of you! May even plastidip it orange!
Old 03-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Have to agree with Nick. I'm using it for my 944 Turbo S.
Sorry for the delay...Crazy busy.
Fresh outta storage.
Attached Images   
Old 03-30-2014, 11:43 AM
AEsco48
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Where do they sell those black plastic lockable type of tool boxes? Have not had luck searching on the net! Thx
Old 03-30-2014, 12:25 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 18 Posts

I got mine at Lowes. It was made by Contico and 53 gallons. Just searched their site and they still sell it.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:37 PM
AEsco48
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thx! The search for these things is really temperamental. Even on the Lowes site if you just search for storage trunk it does not come up. Have to search for 53 gal storage trunk. Just searching for Contico also does not work well!
Old 03-31-2014, 09:21 PM
woodyTPA
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP, I built the HF 40x 48. So the major probs are the tongue weight and the width of the trailer. You must put wheels at the front if standing vertically, and that gets heavy. I moved my axle forward about 8 inches. I had to drill new holes for the leaf spring clamps, but some careful measuring and no beer made it happen correctly! If you square it up well before final tightening you are in good shape. Also as previously mentioned, definately repack the bearings with good grease.I used the red marine grade from advanced autoparts in the tube.wear gloves and alot of newspapers. I painter 3/4 inch plywood with epoxy primer all around, then painted it red. I used 4 inch PVC pipes from side to side to keep tires intact, and put carpet in between my wheels and cardboard on the outsides before I tighten straps.I strap all of the wheels together top and bottom, then individually over the top. I used the Stanley or variant black tool box from Home Depot or Lowes. You should not have to add balast if you move the axle forward some. I am a PCA SUncoast member. Our technical adviser makes tow ***** TIG welded onto an original OEM tow hook. Remove license plate and tape to back window. Never had a problem. If you PM me, I will instruct how to wire into your taillight assemblies. Very easy. I took my time, and total build time was 15 hours including wiring harness. I bolted Qty 2, 2x4's to the back to act as protection when the trailer is stored upright so I dont damage the tail lights. Only problem I had was lugbolts loosening. I am going to see if they have other options there. It does the trick. ANother guy at the track stores a used scuba tank in a PVC tube underneath his and fills it with compressed air and has a modified valve and hose fitting for filling his tires. I havent got around to that yet, just use a $25 HF tank and fill before leaving for track. I mounted EYE hooks all around the trailer for tiedowns, but they do flex some. I think I have $275 in it with the harness etc. Works great and I have used it to haul junk to the dump. Bonus! Good luck!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:44 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Woody...do I know you? Suncoast and Chin de events. I'm at Sebring this Sunday buy the way.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks,

Ended up with a Baccus Tire Trailer. Mine is all Black, nice setup...

http://baccusent.webs.com/apps/webst...s/show/2693466

Quick Reply: Harbor Freight Tire Trailer Examples?