Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

numeric racing cables problem- Guru come here

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 08:47 AM
Paseb
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 54 Posts
Default numeric racing cables problem- Guru come here

Hi guys, i know a bunch of you purchased the numeric racing cables but i have problem with mine in my race Boxster S 2004.

I purchased 986 shifter cables(cup style) to match with a 997.2 rs shifter base with a 7in shifter riser.

the gears are always coming out. i put the car in gear, depress slowly and it comes out of gear by itself.

i had to reroute 1 cable Under my intake manifold cause it was too short, and the other one is still on top.

do you know what could be my problem?

thanks Track GURUS
Old 11-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 222 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Paseb
Hi guys, i know a bunch of you purchased the numeric racing cables but i have problem with mine in my race Boxster S 2004.

I purchased 986 shifter cables(cup style) to match with a 997.2 rs shifter base with a 7in shifter riser.

the gears are always coming out. i put the car in gear, depress slowly and it comes out of gear by itself.

i had to reroute 1 cable Under my intake manifold cause it was too short, and the other one is still on top.

do you know what could be my problem?

thanks Track GURUS
This is usually a simple adjustment issue then again you have a 7in lift on your shifter. There is no doubt your cable ends are out of adjustment and need to be corrected. The cable ends HAVE to be adjusted properly or it will not go in gear correctly. The instructions are up to date, here's the LINK. I recommend following the adjustment sequence to correct your cable travel concern. However, this is a unique case with the amount of lift you have on your shifter. You may have to run both cables under the intake and then adjust them properly.

www.numericracing.com
sales@numericracing.com
Ph: 844-686-7223

Quick Reply: numeric racing cables problem- Guru come here