Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Ducati Project 1201

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 12:38 AM
1198r
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I knew you guys would appreciate it. Yep, it's $65k - Ducati have put all their effort into lightening the bike (155kg dry, 177kg with a 90% full tank which is hugely impressive). A list of materials like magnesium frame and wheels, lithium battery, titanium bolts, carbon fairing, Akropovic full titanium exhaust. "The Superquadro engine, which sports titanium con-rods and inlet valves, now adds titanium exhaust valves, and, for the first time on a Ducati street engine, special two-ring pistons. These pistons, usually found on racing Superbikes, use short skirts and only two rings (compression and oil), allowing them to dramatically reduce mass and friction. To further increase performance, the combustion chamber is also modified to Superbike specs by a new piston crown that increases compression ratio. Added to this is a super-lightened crankshaft, precision balanced using dense tungsten inserts. The enhancements result in an incredible output of more than 200hp as it rolls out of Ducati’s Borgo Panigale factory in Bologna, Italy." (press release Ducati Italy). Even the rear wheel nuts titanium and rear chain sprocket WSBK ergal material. So this puppy truly is race level weight and power for the road. New electronics package is said to be awesome and now includes wheelie control along with traction control. Once I take the lights off and make her fully track bike, I will have a rocket between my legs! This bike is going to be used and not put in a collectors closet.

I'm going to Milan next week to see it in the flesh so will take some of my own pics and post.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:13 AM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good luck with the trip and I look forward to the photos... V jealous

Jay
Old 10-31-2013, 11:40 AM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts

Any idea why Ducati went w/ Akropovic, instead of its usual exhaust partner of Termignoni?!

Quick Reply: Ducati Project 1201