M O O T Y

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 12:37 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,813 Likes on 2,382 Posts

Originally Posted by kormaster
Mooty= if u think u r gonna break the fork, I'm gonna dig into the ground.. I'm so out of shape I can't even climb 3000 ft 6% grade without stopping. I'm weak like a little girl.
6% GRADE... ha, i think only DRL can climb those without stop. but if you put a cute *** chick in front, i will ride her rear tires until i drop.

Originally Posted by sstjohn
Agreed on Mooty. Wired him a chunk of change a month ago for a sight unseen car purchase . Everything went great. After the first weekend at Sebring, I have to say the car is fantastic. Although he could have included a bottle of Advil. The CUP is no street car, especially over all the Sebring speed bumps. I am sore today and the ears are still ringing.

Thanks again Mooty. It was a pleasure dealing with you.
LOL, randy told me. sounds like a blast. enjoy.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Andrew930
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Word gets around! I too have always heard wonderful things about Mooty. Hopefully, I'll have the chance to meet you in the near future. Reassuring to hear there are people who DO keep their word.

Guess I can vent that I had a deal on an RS 4.0 with a seller on the east coast. The owner was in Las Vegas on business, so the GF and I drove about 550 miles roundtrip (last minute) to meet with him. We had a nice dinner together and after a firm handshake, I was excited about a 4.0 next to my .1 RS. Then the call five days later that he has a higher offer. Guess a handshake meant nothing to him! Another popular board member (and good friend of mine) was offered the car and did not know at the time I was the buyer. This member immediately withdrew himself. And I haven't heard from the seller since.

So cheers to both Mooty and the other Rennlister (I'll keep his name private). Two gentlemen who honor their word! Glad to know both of you!
Old 10-14-2013, 02:20 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=mooty;10828851]6% GRADE... ha, i think only DRL can climb those without stop. but if you put a cute *** chick in front, i will ride her rear tires until i drop.

Mooty you need to visit the coast sometime soon, I just did a 73 mile, 8800 ft mt bike ride to celebrate my 67 th birtday. Had some long 18% climbs. Guess who's rear wheel I stayed on!
Attached Images  
Old 10-14-2013, 02:32 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Andrew930
Word gets around! I too have always heard wonderful things about Mooty. Hopefully, I'll have the chance to meet you in the near future. Reassuring to hear there are people who DO keep their word.

Guess I can vent that I had a deal on an RS 4.0 with a seller on the east coast. The owner was in Las Vegas on business, so the GF and I drove about 550 miles roundtrip (last minute) to meet with him. We had a nice dinner together and after a firm handshake, I was excited about a 4.0 next to my .1 RS. Then the call five days later that he has a higher offer. Guess a handshake meant nothing to him! Another popular board member (and good friend of mine) was offered the car and did not know at the time I was the buyer. This member immediately withdrew himself. And I haven't heard from the seller since.

So cheers to both Mooty and the other Rennlister (I'll keep his name private). Two gentlemen who honor their word! Glad to know both of you!
i think i will be in arcadia in two weeks!
Old 10-14-2013, 02:36 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

73 miles on dirt? you are fkg insane.
i do 48 miles on pavement every saturday, i can't move most of sunday...
Old 10-14-2013, 02:45 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
73 miles on dirt? you are fkg insane.
i do 48 miles on pavement every saturday, i can't move most of sunday...
Yes mostly dirt, I had to do about 20 miles of pavement to get the miles, I was trying to do 67 miles for the occasion but over shot it by a few. If you were to ask my sons they would agree, I'm fkg insane
Old 10-14-2013, 02:49 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Snowboarder54
.... I'm fkg insane
note to self, stay away from this guy...
Old 10-14-2013, 03:07 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,119 Posts

i think i will be in arcadia in two weeks!
mmmmm Din Tai Fung. Its only thing I think about with Arcadia... that and my wifes friend... hold on I don't think about my wifes friend... . Who i'll visit with her only if we go to Din Tai Fung.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:10 PM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 137 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
+1 to all that has been said.
+2. My motto - check with mooty before you do anything with GT.

Thanks John!
Old 10-14-2013, 03:10 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

...my hands are cold.....

Nothing that already hasent been said. Mooty is exceptional...Will be going for bike rides shortly mooty... waiting on the damn car.. lol
Old 10-14-2013, 03:17 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Spyerx
mmmmm Din Tai Fung. Its only thing I think about with Arcadia... that and my wifes friend... hold on I don't think about my wifes friend... . Who i'll visit with her only if we go to Din Tai Fung.
small world. our family has long history with din tai fung. dad and the owner of DTF started their business together (selling peanut oil on motorcycle, not kidding).... as long as he's there or his son's there, we dont wait... and as you know the usual wait could BE HOURS.....

salivating now...
Old 10-14-2013, 03:20 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just looking at bikes, but none of this crazy mountain bike stuff you guys are doing
Old 10-14-2013, 03:24 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jenk12m
I was just looking at bikes, but none of this crazy mountain bike stuff you guys are doing
bike as in ducati or bicycles.
i dont do MTB anymore. too old, not young like mustache man up there.

i do road bike now.
if you want, email me, i WILL do my BEST to spend your money.
let's start with campy bora ultra or reynolds RZR. then go from there.....
Attached Images  
Old 10-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,119 Posts

NO kidding. Those things are so good. And the wait is B-A-D for us minions. That OC MegaMall SouthCoast Plaza just kicked McDonalds out and they are opening a DTF. Maybe not as good as original location... we shall see... but a lot closer to me than Arcadia. Been to the ones in Tokyo too. Crazy waits at lunch time. What a business... CASH COW!

small world. our family has long history with din tai fung. dad and the owner of DTF started their business together (selling peanut oil on motorcycle, not kidding).... as long as he's there or his son's there, we dont wait... and as you know the usual wait could BE HOURS.....

salivating now...
Old 10-14-2013, 03:30 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

oops that's max's tour de france rig.

here is what jenks needs.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: M O O T Y