Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT2 RS 500/500, Black, 150 miles.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 06:26 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

For a "Collector's" car, this one is spec'd terribly. The Carbon Fenders and the Sport Bucket seats in my opinion are must have's for a GT2RS and command a premium, especially one that's a garage queen display car and not going to be driven regularly (if at all). The fact that it's missing it's "lightweight" crest on the hood is really odd and this is the only 2RS to date that I've ever seen without it. Leads me to believe that perhaps there was some type of damage to the original hood (perhaps during shipping en route to the dealer from the factory) and the hood was replaced by either a dealership or factory in a haste to get the car out to it's customer, notice there is nothing on the original invoice that says front hood crest sticker delete or anything of note like that, which is usually noted when doing some kind of graphics delete. Beautiful car none the less and it is a GT2RS, so it'll always be something special, but I just can't help but wonder why someone who planned on keeping this as a ultra low mile and a collectable car, would have spec'd it this way. The biggest thing it has going for it that other low mile GT2RS's don't have, is the fact that it's the very last one built and has the coveted 500/500 plate on it's glove box. I don't know if any of you remember number 499/500. It too was black, if I remember correctly, it had the carbon fenders as well as the Sport bucket seats, it's a shame that these two cars couldn't trade glove box badges lol
Old 10-13-2013, 10:32 AM
secretcollector
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Scott, I remember #499 quite well - it's parked in my storage garage for the winter. Yes, black/black, all carbon options with sport buckets and the highest MSRP of any GT2RS built. It gets driven just enough not to incur the total wrath of the RL community (hah!) but remains a garage queen collectible.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:54 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by secretcollector
Scott, I remember #499 quite well - it's parked in my storage garage for the winter. Yes, black/black, all carbon options with sport buckets and the highest MSRP of any GT2RS built. It gets driven just enough not to incur the total wrath of the RL community (hah!) but remains a garage queen collectible.
I'm glad to hear that #499 went to you and that you're enjoying it. Garage queen, daily driver or track rat, we all enjoy our cars in our own ways, the most important thing is that you are indeed enjoying it I kept my eye on #499 for about as long as it was available, hoping to win the lotto or to trade straight across for my low mileage unmodified kidney. I LOVE how your car was spec'd! Congrats and have fun

Quick Reply: GT2 RS 500/500, Black, 150 miles.