Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Rough Starting Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 02:09 PM
BartN (TX)
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Rough Starting Issue

Last weekend during an event at Hallett in Oklahoma I developed an issue with the car starting.

On Saturday the car ran as normal all day long. The car was left out overnight in mid-40 degree dry weather. When I went to start the car on Sunday morning it cranked longer than normal, sputtered and died. I crank it again with the same result. I then cranked it with a little throttle, it started although ran rough for a while. After it warmed up it ran normally. When the car was hot it would start as normal with no issues, however if I let it cool down over an hour or two, I'd experience the same difficult start.

Thoughts?
Old 10-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

if you dont have a code reader, easiest things to try first - unconnect batt for a few mins then reconnect, then turn key to ignition/start but do not start it (leave clutch out, etc), leave there for a minute. this is supposed to "reset" things like your sensors, TB, etc. if that doesnt work, unplug your MAF, then start car. if car runs smooth with MAF unplugged, there's your answer. otherwise, get a code reader and read the codes.

good luck.

Quick Reply: Rough Starting Issue