Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

sell me your 997.2 GT3 RS please...

 
Old 09-04-2013, 12:59 AM
  #31  
Laguna_Dude
User
 
Laguna_Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Laguna Beach
Posts: 883
Default

Originally Posted by zip465 View Post
This one may be for sale soon - https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...ick-tires.html

Additional info here: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...rial-23-a.html

PM me for more details...
Hey Chris - If you decide to sell your ride, can I buy my wheels back? PM if that's possible. Thanks!
Laguna_Dude is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 01:25 AM
  #32  
zip465
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
zip465's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 447
Default

Hey George, I'll PM you once I figure things out.
zip465 is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 01:38 AM
  #33  
Laguna_Dude
User
 
Laguna_Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Laguna Beach
Posts: 883
Default

Originally Posted by zip465 View Post
Hey George, I'll PM you once I figure things out.
Please do. What's your plan? Cup?
Laguna_Dude is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 02:09 AM
  #34  
zip465
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
zip465's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 447
Default

Working with James on a 2010 Cup... Found the slope, it's actually a cliff...
zip465 is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 02:12 AM
  #35  
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
mooty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san francisco
Posts: 38,625
Default

slope, cliff, canyon, what's the difference.
jump, the net will appear.
look at me.
mooty is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 02:18 AM
  #36  
zip465
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
zip465's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 447
Default

So true, so true...
zip465 is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 02:21 AM
  #37  
hunanbeef
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
hunanbeef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28
Default

You guys are making me feel better about spending a $140k+ on a used car...

I'm supposed to find out tomorrow if I get this RS at Barrier. Seems silly that I have to wait in line to buy a car but I guess we're all a little silly if we're here.

Not a done deal but thanks everyone for all the leads, PM's, and general advice. Y'all have been super cool.

-Manny

Originally Posted by zip465 View Post
Working with James on a 2010 Cup... Found the slope, it's actually a cliff...
hunanbeef is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 02:28 AM
  #38  
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
mooty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san francisco
Posts: 38,625
Default

Originally Posted by hunanbeef View Post
You guys are making me feel better about spending a $140k+ on a used car...

I'm supposed to find out tomorrow if I get this RS at Barrier. Seems silly that I have to wait in line to buy a car but I guess we're all a little silly if we're here.

Not a done deal but thanks everyone for all the leads, PM's, and general advice. Y'all have been super cool.

-Manny
LMAO, waiting in line and u complain. i had to call 100's of ppl, beg with the heads of pcna, lie, bs and do my rain dance in addition to paying large amount of $$$ just to convince the power to be to sell me a damn 4.0.

i am working on my bollywood with spanish tango influence for the porsche gods in order to grant me the next unobtanium RS
mooty is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 02:35 AM
  #39  
hunanbeef
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
hunanbeef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28
Default

Originally Posted by mooty View Post
i am working on my bollywood with spanish tango influence for the porsche gods in order to grant me the next unobtanium RS
Can you post a video?
hunanbeef is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 02:38 AM
  #40  
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
mooty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san francisco
Posts: 38,625
Default

Originally Posted by hunanbeef View Post
Can you post a video?
i would, but i will be on headline news manana...

new terrorist warfare.... dancing mooty kills millions in metropolitan USA, casualty far worse than vietnam, ww1, ww2 combined. i cannot take that responsibility.
mooty is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 10:01 PM
  #41  
Steve Theodore
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Steve Theodore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Bend, WA
Posts: 805
Default

hunanbeef,

I'm not sure this will help, but just in case. I bought a white/gold RS earlier this summer and live in your area. I needed to have the factory gold (which was thought to be Weissach Gold, later disproven) matched to do some wheel repair, and I found a guy in Bellevue who does PHENOMENAL work on both wheel repair and also paint matching.

My point being if you find a car that doesn't quite meet your color standards such as white/red, this guy can absolutely do the paintwork to make it the correct factory gold on the wheels and front bumper. My car is the proof, and you're more than welcome to check it out sometime if you'd like to see his work.

Best wishes, and I hope you find an RS to call your own soon. They really are magnificent cars!
Steve Theodore is offline  
Old 09-05-2013, 10:49 AM
  #42  
hunanbeef
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
hunanbeef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28
Default

Originally Posted by Steve Theodore View Post
hunanbeef,

I'm not sure this will help, but just in case. I bought a white/gold RS earlier this summer and live in your area. I needed to have the factory gold (which was thought to be Weissach Gold, later disproven) matched to do some wheel repair, and I found a guy in Bellevue who does PHENOMENAL work on both wheel repair and also paint matching.

My point being if you find a car that doesn't quite meet your color standards such as white/red, this guy can absolutely do the paintwork to make it the correct factory gold on the wheels and front bumper. My car is the proof, and you're more than welcome to check it out sometime if you'd like to see his work.

Best wishes, and I hope you find an RS to call your own soon. They really are magnificent cars!
Hey Steve... thanks for the heads up. Really appreciate that. Yes, starting to think repainting may be a good option if the one I'm after falls through. I would love to see your GT3 sometime. Would be good to meet other GT3 guys in Seattle also. I'll shoot you a PM with my contact info.
hunanbeef is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 05:34 PM
  #43  
PJ Alex
New User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
Smile Porsche 2011 GT3RS

Hi hunanbeef,

I have a 2011 RS White on Gold. I am the original owner. My care has 11k miles and zero over revs. It's a weekend car for 90-95% of its life and DE track for the remainder.

Let me know if you are interested.

Peter
PJ Alex is offline  
Old 09-07-2013, 05:37 PM
  #44  
PJ Alex
New User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
Default Mods and maintenance

hunanbeef ,

Only mods are peddles and fire extinguisher. Car has been extremely well maintained. I have all records and title etc.

Peter
PJ Alex is offline  
Old 09-08-2013, 06:02 PM
  #45  
hunanbeef
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
hunanbeef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28
Default

Hey Peter - I have agreed to the purchase of a grey/gold. Take possession next week but thanks for the note!

Originally Posted by PJ Alex View Post
Hi hunanbeef,

I have a 2011 RS White on Gold. I am the original owner. My care has 11k miles and zero over revs. It's a weekend car for 90-95% of its life and DE track for the remainder.

Let me know if you are interested.

Peter
hunanbeef is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: sell me your 997.2 GT3 RS please...


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: