Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

sell me your 997.2 GT3 RS please...

 
Old 08-18-2013, 08:14 PM
  #16  
hunanbeef
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
hunanbeef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas View Post
This should be a link, fingers crossed, to two private party sellers. In some states, private party sales mean no sales tax to pay upon registration... and that's a big plus.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...rch=true&Log=0
I saw those... that grey/orange is very close to what I'm looking for... but I'd like the front axle lift option... feel like I'd be bottoming out a little too much where I live, work and play.

I live in Seattle so I have to fork out 10% to register the car no matter where I get it from.
hunanbeef is offline  
Old 08-18-2013, 09:05 PM
  #17  
X2daC
User
 
X2daC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 442
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jenk12m View Post
Stop it right now!
X2daC is offline  
Old 08-18-2013, 09:23 PM
  #18  
jenk12m
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jenk12m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: georgia
Posts: 5,867
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

He didn't say anything about so I think it's safe for now
jenk12m is offline  
Old 08-18-2013, 10:14 PM
  #19  
mrsullivan
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
mrsullivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 5,621
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I too am looking, but will post a separate thread out of respect to OP
mrsullivan is offline  
Old 08-28-2013, 01:10 AM
  #20  
hunanbeef
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
hunanbeef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Bump... still looking... and after much thought and consideration, decided that it has to be white/gold or grey/gold mostly stock RS. Red wheels are just too much for me... and the girlfriend said she won't get in it... sigh... Seattle Prius girls...

If you have one or know of one please shoot me a note. Looking to pay $130k - 140k depending on options and miles... seem fair?
hunanbeef is offline  
Old 08-28-2013, 01:37 AM
  #21  
mrsullivan
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
mrsullivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 5,621
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by hunanbeef View Post
Bump... still looking... and after much thought and consideration, decided that it has to be white/gold or grey/gold mostly stock RS. Red wheels are just too much for me... and the girlfriend said she won't get in it... sigh... Seattle Prius girls...

If you have one or know of one please shoot me a note. Looking to pay $130k - 140k depending on options and miles... seem fair?
If you were price indifferent, Ray Joseph has your car at RPM Sportscars. I have dealt with Ray and his business model is fairly straightforward...he is FORENSIC in going over cars and he only takes the very best in the U.S. into his inventory. You just dont even need to look at the car, if Ray has it, it is perfect. In return, he charges a significant premium over market. His buyer is someone that is willing to pay extra for the piece of mind. A lot extra. He has a 1500 mile RS in your color combo. My guess is that he would take around $155k for it, but that is just a guess. Only you can decide if its worth $15k over your budget. For me, with a regular GT3 being closer to $100k with similar miles/condition, I found it hard to justify 50% more for that particular car...although I did stalk it for awhile going back and forth. There are Rennlisters with great low mileage RS cars available but they dont match your color requirement from my research.
mrsullivan is offline  
Old 08-28-2013, 01:44 AM
  #22  
zip465
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
zip465's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 447
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

This one may be for sale soon - https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...ick-tires.html

Additional info here: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...rial-23-a.html

PM me for more details...
zip465 is offline  
Old 08-28-2013, 02:37 AM
  #23  
hunanbeef
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
hunanbeef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mrsullivan View Post
If you were price indifferent, Ray Joseph has your car at RPM Sportscars. I have dealt with Ray and his business model is fairly straightforward...he is FORENSIC in going over cars and he only takes the very best in the U.S. into his inventory. You just dont even need to look at the car, if Ray has it, it is perfect. In return, he charges a significant premium over market. His buyer is someone that is willing to pay extra for the piece of mind. A lot extra. He has a 1500 mile RS in your color combo. My guess is that he would take around $155k for it, but that is just a guess. Only you can decide if its worth $15k over your budget. For me, with a regular GT3 being closer to $100k with similar miles/condition, I found it hard to justify 50% more for that particular car...although I did stalk it for awhile going back and forth. There are Rennlisters with great low mileage RS cars available but they dont match your color requirement from my research.
Hey thanks mrsullivan... that's the color combo I'm looking for and basically brand new... just wish it had sport bucket seats for that price! Seems like there are a number of grey/red RS' in the 130k range but the scarcity of grey/gold or white/gold seems to be driving that price up. $159k asking seems like a lot but he'll probably get it.

Congrats on the GT3 purchase... I'm sure you will be happy... and 50% richer.
hunanbeef is offline  
Old 08-28-2013, 03:07 AM
  #24  
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
mooty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san francisco
Posts: 38,670
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

at this point of the game, and you want to be picky then you have to pay up.
i have dealt with joeseph at rpm. doesnt discount. but his cars are good and i AM PICKY.
some ppl buy cars by comparing prices.
some find the car they want, they just pay for it.
lots of garbage out there. very few good cars.
mooty is offline  
Old 08-28-2013, 03:58 AM
  #25  
hunanbeef
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
hunanbeef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mooty View Post
at this point of the game, and you want to be picky then you have to pay up.
i have dealt with joeseph at rpm. doesnt discount. but his cars are good and i AM PICKY.
some ppl buy cars by comparing prices.
some find the car they want, they just pay for it.
lots of garbage out there. very few good cars.
$159,000 and then I get to spend another $6-7k to swap out the seats...? I'm sure it's a lovely car but no thanks. I'm willing to be patient... and picky.
hunanbeef is offline  
Old 08-28-2013, 08:52 AM
  #26  
mrsullivan
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
mrsullivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 5,621
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

i agree with Mooty... I deal with RPM because I dont have to worry about condition...

but some of us also cant afford to not look at the price tag... someday perhaps
mrsullivan is offline  
Old 08-29-2013, 03:04 AM
  #27  
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
mooty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san francisco
Posts: 38,670
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by hunanbeef View Post
$159,000 and then I get to spend another $6-7k to swap out the seats...? I'm sure it's a lovely car but no thanks. I'm willing to be patient... and picky.
he's a dealer, needs to make money.
if you are patient, you will find something.
though i personally witnessed two transaction this month, one at 141 the other at 160+. both are incredible cars. unfortunately not in your color combo.

it will show up i am sure.

oh, there is one gray/silver car i know of at 140 or so. but i am not 100% certain he wants to sell just yet.
mooty is offline  
Old 08-31-2013, 06:11 PM
  #28  
kaamacat
User
 
kaamacat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 338
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

If you are interested, here is mine. Although, white with red graphics.
http://www.gt3rsregistry.com/2011GT3RS/vin/3096.htm

(Full front clear, MPSS tires, 12k, CPO for another 3yrs as of 7/30/2013). PM if you might be interested)
kaamacat is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 11:45 PM
  #29  
WanderingPurist
User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: So Cal
Posts: 99
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default white with gold

hunanbeef,

they are out there...





no front lift, carbon fiber bucket seats - very upright, no adjustments except fore and aft, but surprisingly comfortable: I drove it from Houston to LA in 2 days by myself, didn't even feel tired at the end.

just rolled over 13k, CPO till 8/1/16

Funny thing, I expected the GT3RS to be a little more low profile than the Mac and Bulls...Nope.

Even so, I wouldn't consider a trade for either, even straight across, model year for model year. Nope, not even a stack of 1500 Benjamins...





Good luck with your search, you will be very happy...

WP
WanderingPurist is offline  
Old 09-03-2013, 12:15 AM
  #30  
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
mooty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san francisco
Posts: 38,670
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

i am a beetle lover. ferrari or mc or the bull.... nope, ZERO interest. the dep'n lost i suffered last year or two can buy all three, zero interest.
mooty is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: sell me your 997.2 GT3 RS please...


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: