Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Same day 3.8RS
Attached Images  
Old 06-23-2013, 03:03 AM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
You guys can school me on this for sure.
ll we have is base numbers of a few 3.8's with side muffler delete, with catless headers VS 4.0
We did it all in one day. Swapping exhausts on the Dyno.

Seems like the 4.0 has about 35 - 50 up more stock / exhaust that
This was good work, and well done, Eddie's very familiar with dynoing cars that's why this worked out.

bottom line is dyno is a tuning tool, not a bragging rights tool. As long as you're happy with the results you have and understand how they were generated, you're all good.

My comment about 1/4mile trap speed or 60-130 times is based on real world physics. We can weigh the car, and if we have the trap speed over a fixed distance we can calculate amount of power required to accelerate the car to this final speed over the prescribed distance. No quibbling over correction factors, or tire inflation pressures, or wheel sizes, or dyno makers. Simple physics. I plan on heading to the drags when my 4.2 is done. Would like to do a 60-130 pull but will need to plan that for when I can't get arrested.

Originally Posted by RSRanger
My 3.6 to 4.154L build has been documented and with Dynojet graph.

Ranger (Sua Sponte)
Yes it was, and I think it was at the same dyno as Peter's correct? If not since it's dyno jet, pretty easy to put on similar playing fields.

All the other forum drama, I try to stay out of...
Old 06-23-2013, 05:18 AM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

0-60 60-130 or whatever doesn't reflect accurately power or torque, drag from tyres, cd etc all play a big role there.

A proper engine brake (dyno) is the only true way and even then only against itself to provide deltas from one set up to the next.

Jay
Old 06-23-2013, 09:29 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 916 Posts

OMG why do I even bother as an amateur dealing with all these experts? Us starving marvin need to go home and coward under our beds.

Ranger (Sua Sponte)
Ranger is back! Keyser Soze is sure to follow.

If you want "real" expertise go spend some time on the 991 GT3 forum.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Charles@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

(I do not mean to thread hijack, just sharing info)

Thought I would share this (earlier than I wanted) but actual data vs all talk

Recent 07 3.6RS to 4.0

Mahle 105.4
Stock DME
Stock Air box
Headers/exhaust

As you can see air fuel is great even with stock DME even if ign timing and cam timing is not optimized. I also have another intake air box to test as well as a 4.0 intake manifold and another custom one and some tuning on top. Solid 50whp gain from 6600rpm to 8400. Car is just plain fast and fun. Also has full regear to keep in the top end power all the time.

Dyno charts are SAE CORRECTED not actual or DIN which on my dyno reads 8-10% higher. I have dynod a lot of GT3's and they always put down the same number stock.

996-3 stock 338-340whp
996-3 LWFW 355-357whp
997-RS 358-361whp

Old 06-23-2013, 04:39 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

10 GT3 you are absolutely correct. I am breaking my silence in the forum after the GMG bullcrap!!!! Too many blind suck ups around here.
I have PM'ed the OP and no response. I would try to help and add to factors dealing with a build but he has not responded to me. That's just fine.

My 3.6 to 4.154L build has been documented and with Dynojet graph.

Serge, please post dyno graphs of your 4.0 bore build. You seem to be the "gold standard" for a 4.0 builds. My Champion Motorsport build is a POS by your standards.

OMG why do I even bother as an amateur dealing with all these experts? Us starving marvin need to go home and coward under our beds.

Ranger (Sua Sponte)
You are very quick to jump to conclusions. Please clarify why you feel attacked.

But since you're attacking me, I'll state that anyone with deep pockets can drop $100k at a shop, but not everyone sweats and swears into the late hours of the evening trying to push the middle cylinder piston rings into the liners.

Here's my baseline 4.0 dyno chart, right after engine break-in. No tuning. Tuning added another 20hp and even further increase in the mid range torque. Matt can share this info if he chooses.

Also, note how much difference gear choice makes on dyno results. Runs 1-3 were done in 5th gear than run 4 was done in 4th.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 4.1L dyno numbers