997.2 Rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 04:53 PM
icatto
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.2 Rotors?

Hi.

Has anyone come out with a reasonably priced direct replacement set of rotors for the 7.2 GT3 yet?

I like running with Pagid yellow, so I don't want anything that requires me to use their own mated brand of pads. I also don't want to replace calipers.

I was hoping that by now the aftermarket would have come up with something decent that was in a good price range.
If not, I'll just replace with OEM.

That said, what's the best source for the OEM rotors? Suncoast is at around $500 per corner. Some have posted that they've replaced for less than that but didn't specify the source.

Thanks!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:41 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

YIKES! are the oem 2 pc ?
Old 05-09-2013, 10:56 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by icatto
Hi.

Has anyone come out with a reasonably priced direct replacement set of rotors for the 7.2 GT3 yet?

I like running with Pagid yellow, so I don't want anything that requires me to use their own mated brand of pads. I also don't want to replace calipers.

I was hoping that by now the aftermarket would have come up with something decent that was in a good price range.
If not, I'll just replace with OEM.

That said, what's the best source for the OEM rotors? Suncoast is at around $500 per corner. Some have posted that they've replaced for less than that but didn't specify the source.

Thanks!
Aftermarket is focused on performance upgrades, i.e. 2-piece floating rotors. Personally, I believe the OEM rear rotors are great. I am in disbelief that I am still on my original set of rear rotors after 25K miles with all the tracking and having gone through 3 sets of pads. I have barely any cracks and the longest is maybe 1/8". You can use OEM solid disc 997 Turbo rear rotors which are cheaper, but they don't last as long. I would just stick with OEM 997.2 GT3 for the rears.

Fronts on the other hand are simply a bad design. I am on my 3rd set of OEM fronts with a new set of front PRC 2nd gen rotors dimpled floating rotors waiting to go on at my next pad change for the front. Go aftermarket floating for the front and take the cost hit on the first set. Surfaces will last twice as long as OEM rotors and the replacement surfaces are the same $500 you would be paying for the OEM fronts, so basically it will cost half as much to run the aftermarket rotors long term.

Suncoast's price of $500/rotor is actually pretty good.

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
YIKES! are the oem 2 pc ?
Yes
Old 05-09-2013, 11:42 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 386 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by 10 GT3
I am in disbelief that I am still on my original set of rear rotors after 25K miles with all the tracking and having gone through 3 sets of pads. I have barely any cracks and the longest is maybe 1/8".
Man you gotta drive harder... either your track is unusually brake-friendly or you haven't really dipped into those brakes all these 25k miles!
Old 05-10-2013, 03:45 AM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

Oem fronts are 2 pics floating but I don't think hats are reusable... Look into PFC slotted rotors/hats.. I think u can reuse the beat and just replace the rotors
Old 05-10-2013, 09:03 AM
Ajjra
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Girodisc's will last longer than OEM but will cost you a tad more.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:12 AM
forhamilton
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just got Pfc installed. Mmmmm. Pretty

Old 05-10-2013, 10:23 AM
forhamilton
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^^FYI, I purchased from Paragon Products. Great guys and great prices.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:29 AM
10 GT3
Drifting

Originally Posted by CRex
Man you gotta drive harder... either your track is unusually brake-friendly or you haven't really dipped into those brakes all these 25k miles!
I drive 3 different tracks. OEM rear rotors just seem to last, unlike the fronts. Haven't got more than 10K miles with 10+ track days out of a set of front rotors. I have noticed the OEM front rotors start cracking badly after 4-5 track days. I am also on my 4th set of front pads.

Originally Posted by kormaster
Oem fronts are 2 pics floating but I don't think hats are reusable... Look into PFC slotted rotors/hats.. I think u can reuse the beat and just replace the rotors
The hats are not removable from the outer surface. Brembo casts the iron surface around the pin extensions from the aluminum huts. When you take them new out of the box, hubs feel hard fixed to the surfaces. After a couple heat cycles when expansion between the aluminum and iron expand causing the pins to separate from the surfaces and they become full floating. The Audi R8 uses the same style rotors as the GT3 to reduce hub weight.

Last edited by 10 GT3; 05-10-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:11 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

OEM rears, PFC 2 piece rotors. First time is expensive after that you re use the hats and buy rotors. Call clark or linda at APex performance.

Good honest people

Quick Reply: 997.2 Rotors?