Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Help with Sparco seat mounts in a .1 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 02:41 PM
onefstm
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help with Sparco seat mounts in a .1 GT3

I hoping to get an official answer from the experts. Can anyone tell me what is needed to put Sparco Evo seats in a GT3? Can this be done with the factory manual sliders (motorsport, RS) and if so, what side mounts are needed? If not, what is the recommended hardware setup?

Thanks!
Old 04-25-2013, 11:58 PM
ghst868
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a coincidence that you posted this. I just got my Sparco Evo 2s installed yesterday in my 997.2 GT3.

Im going to stop by the shop tomorrow that installed them. While I'm there I can get you a list of the brackets & sliders you will need to install the seats.

Edit:

Somebody on the forum just posted their brackets and sliders for sale that you would need to install the seats in a 997

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...996-997-a.html
Old 04-26-2013, 01:13 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Brey krause brakets mount to the floor. Sliders mount to the bracket, and the side plates mount to the slider.

Clark at APEX PERFORMANCE can dial you in..
Old 05-14-2013, 10:23 AM
onefstm
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

JBigelow and I used the following combination to make it work.

We used factory manual/motorsport sliders with universal aluminum sidemounts (from Speedware). The side mounts needs to be notched to accomodate the slider actuator on the factory sliders. We also used the factory/motorsport/slider seat belt anchors. You simply need to drill a 5/8" inch hole and you can install all the factory hardware. Also, installed the factory submount bar to the factory sliders. Works great with Evo seats, slides perfectly, seat belt anchors pivot, and the seats do not touch the bar. Also, the whole assembly feels super solid with no movement.
Attached Images   
Old 05-14-2013, 11:10 AM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Is it possible for the stock three pt belts to work with that setup?(congrats on the GT3 Jeremy)
Old 05-14-2013, 11:23 AM
Carrera51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 157 Likes on 98 Posts

Using the factory sliders with Sparco side mounts, you will need to cut away part of the center section, like onefstm did.

Another option is to use the Brey Krause R9071 driver side and R9072 passenger side mounts which are made specifically for use with Porsche factory manual sliders. If the car is street driven and you want to use the 3pt belts for street driving, these mounts have the threaded attachment holes built in to mount the receivers for the stock seat belts.

Info on these side mounts can be found in the link below.

http://www.ogracing.com/brey-krause-...o-pro2000-seat

http://www.ogracing.com/brey-krause-...o-pro2000-seat

Kind regards,

Quick Reply: Help with Sparco seat mounts in a .1 GT3