Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Dealer offers me $60-something for my near perfect 2010 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 01:13 AM
DJN
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
Dealers are the last place I look for vehicle resale. Still, to say 60k with a straight face is really something....
they should have said they are not the best avenue to market that car and are currently not available to take inventory.

In USA it is a 90-100k car!
Agreed (bold), however I was growing tired of the scams and potential buyers not capable of a decision or handling a car like a GT3.....sound familar Savyboy?

Originally Posted by Polarporsche
Hard to believe Canadian Porsche dealers can ask $170 for a new 991 GT3 and only offer a paltry $60k for a 2010, they have *****, I'll give them that.

I priced out the new GT3, $170k before taxes, the new 991 GT3 RS will be over $200k all in, it makes the new Audi R8 V10 look reasonable.
To be precise, the number wasn't $60K, the verbal quote was "sixty-something"

Originally Posted by 10 GT3
Not necessarily a scam from the dealers perspective. Because the car has been modified, it can't be certified. A certified car will always sell for more than a non-certified at a dealer. Bottom line, if you are going to modify a newer car than either plan to keep it for a while, work your network to sell it yourself or accept getting less out of it through traditional dealer channels. It is the same if you get a engine upgrade like a Sharkwerks 3.9l. Although you spend $30k on an engine upgrade, because it kills the factory warranty a dealer has to offer you less in trade than if it had a bone stock engine. Most (99.9% of the people out there) never think about this when they decide to modify their cars.
You are correct with this (in bold). The problem is that the average asking price in Canada for the 11 cars for sale over the past 3 months to present is C$117K with a low of $100 and high of $135K. Bottomline: The Sales manager completely failed to do his research and started back pedalling when I called him on it.

Also, sure mods are mods but if you have even heard of the facts that the rear wheels fall off 2010 997.2 GT3's, and that pooched LSD's can throw you off the track in an instant under heavy braking situations, you may consider paying a bit more for a car with a 5 lug conversion and a Guard LSD.

FYI: my car is curently advertised in the Rennlist classifieds for C$109,500.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:26 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,749 Likes on 2,355 Posts

i am not sue why car has not sold yet.
too many guys here just blabber. when there's a good car, they dont buy.
the buy something else, then come here complain this and that......
garage queen this car is not.
but it's very pristine and has all the right stuff to track.
just keep the damn car.
you will miss it.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:23 AM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep the car.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:30 AM
Tin Chee Lee
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Pm tin chee lee he mite take it off your hands for 75-80k : ). Mike
I'm in the market... For a 2010... I'll offer a fair price...
Old 04-21-2013, 03:55 PM
DJN
Rennlist Member

If you are planning to track your GT3....this may be the car for you. The only problems are that:

1) It is a CDN spec model residing in Canada (however it is easy to import - I would pay the 2.5% duty for you)
2) you will need to pay top dollar range for a US model somewhere around $100-105 (this is low range for CDN cars).....although all the mods you will get are the business 5Lug conv, Forgeline monoblocks, GMG links and sways, and Guard OEM rebuild
3) you live a long ways away - a great road trip for someone (me or you)

Doug N
Call 403 807-0977
Old 04-21-2013, 04:18 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

I think the Canadian market needs to thaw out from the cold winter, when they start tracking there will be interest in your car. It makes more sense for it to stay in Canada, as there is a small supply of GT cars imported here.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:51 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJN
Agreed (bold), however I was growing tired of the scams and potential buyers not capable of a decision or handling a car like a GT3.....sound familar Savyboy?
Yup

Originally Posted by mooty
too many guys here just blabber. when there's a good car, they dont buy. the buy something else, then come here complain this and that...
Or be proud to pay $30k extra for a certain color. Porsche is hitting the mark with their 991 robot for the C&C/Soccer Dad demographic.

Here we have real value and no one the with vision and appreciation to step up and invest with a known owner. A sad state of affairs.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:01 PM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
that sucks.. my local dealer always lowballs me and then gets offended when i show up with the 6th/7th porsche i didn't buy from him.
Mine too. I even said the words "I'll take it" and they couldn't get the job done.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:37 AM
fivetwozero
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My local dealer offered me $110k, which is barely enough for a new C2S.
Forget it! Just keep the car.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:57 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

maybe they read european car!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:18 AM
chandrew
Instructor

Doug what a story !
Currently there are 2 GT3's for sale in mtl (heavy tracked cars) with minor/med issues selling between 109 and 115k

Your car is mint and has amazing options !!!

Our local dealer is far from perfect but they are kings at selling "well" modified pcars !

I think your Calgary P.Rep has a thin black book of contacts...
Old 04-23-2013, 08:41 AM
DJN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
maybe they read european car!
I doubt it.....they don't actually know how to read apparently.

Originally Posted by chandrew
Doug what a story !
Currently there are 2 GT3's for sale in mtl (heavy tracked cars) with minor/med issues selling between 109 and 115k

Your car is mint and has amazing options !!!

Our local dealer is far from perfect but they are kings at selling "well" modified pcars !

I think your Calgary P.Rep has a thin black book of contacts...
My Dealer did not do the proper research and thought they could could fluff their way through discussions with me - WRONG! They got an earful instead!
Old 04-23-2013, 02:29 PM
DLJ
Racer

Originally Posted by fivetwozero
My local dealer offered me $110k, which is barely enough for a new C2S.
Forget it! Just keep the car.
This is still ridiculous given Canadian prices and lack of any inventory for sale in the entire country. (At least this dealer is more in touch with reality and closer to your current ask) .

I just can't believe your car is not moving Doug. It has everything necessary and more for a .2 and it's and an original Canadian spec. car. Must be a real lack of knowledgeable buyers right now in Canada (at least in the west). You couldn't import one from the US spec'd like yours for this price. Hope someone steps up and you can move on soon.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:04 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DLJ
.....I just can't believe your car is not moving Doug. It has everything necessary and more for a .2 and it's and an original Canadian spec. car. Must be a real lack of knowledgeable buyers right now in Canada (at least in the west). You couldn't import one from the US spec'd like yours for this price. Hope someone steps up and you can move on soon.
I don't think it's a lack of knowledgeable buyers, it's just a very limited market for this type of car in this market (Alberta/Canada), especially in Alberta where we no longer have a track...There are probably 15 GT3s in the province and an even smaller number that are tracked. That in a province with a population of 3.8 million. Very limited market indeed...JMO

Best of luck to you Doug as it's a very nice car and BTW, the dealer was totally out to lunch on the price....I wander what they would offer me for my Cayman R with 1500KM...

Old 04-24-2013, 09:29 AM
DJN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Conekilr
I don't think it's a lack of knowledgeable buyers, it's just a very limited market for this type of car in this market (Alberta/Canada), especially in Alberta where we no longer have a track...There are probably 15 GT3s in the province and an even smaller number that are tracked. That in a province with a population of 3.8 million. Very limited market indeed...JMO

Best of luck to you Doug as it's a very nice car and BTW, the dealer was totally out to lunch on the price....I wander what they would offer me for my Cayman R with 1500KM...

Originally Posted by DLJ
This is still ridiculous given Canadian prices and lack of any inventory for sale in the entire country. (At least this dealer is more in touch with reality and closer to your current ask) .

I just can't believe your car is not moving Doug. It has everything necessary and more for a .2 and it's and an original Canadian spec. car. Must be a real lack of knowledgeable buyers right now in Canada (at least in the west). You couldn't import one from the US spec'd like yours for this price. Hope someone steps up and you can move on soon.

Both of you are spot on!

Interesting as a result of this thread, a potential buyer has stepped forward and has viewed and driven this fabulous car........I will keep you all posted.

Quick Reply: Dealer offers me $60-something for my near perfect 2010 GT3