Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Happy with PFC and Apex Performance!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 02:24 PM
Protocav
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Happy with PFC and Apex Performance!!!

I know that we are all already convinced of the awesomeness of the PFC 08 compound pads, but I wanted to take this opportunity to show some pics of my install (because we all love pics) and more importantly highlight my wonderful experience with Clark and Linda at Apex Performance. I send an email to Clark telling him that I wanted the full package of front rotors and F/R pads for my 2010 GT3 and he handled the rest. I was on a tight time schedule due to an upcoming track day, and Clark was able to get everything to me in perfect time. I was actually pulling the brake system apart when the UPS guy showed up! Apex truly is a high quality vendor, with great customer service and pricing, and I will head straight back to them with any future needs. Thanks to both Clark and Linda!!

I am concerned with safety, as evidenced by my previous 5-lug conversion, so I took this opportunity to Time-sert all of my caliper mounting holes since I was tearing everything apart anyways. This process only added about 20 minutes to each corner, and it was really easy to do when the rotor was off. After this, I installed PFC two piece front rotors, turbo rear rotors and PFC 08 pads. The pads needed only 4 or 5 moderate stops from about 50 MPH to bed in, and then they felt like the hand of god, with great modulation. I was thoroughly impressed with them on the track the following day. There is a tiny bit of squeal when they are hot, on the track, and little to no squeal when driving on the street. I was very happy with the latter. The previous pads were a hodge-podge of Pagid and maybe stock? I honestly don’t know what was on the car when I bought it, but they sounded absolutely embarrassing on the street. The PFC are night and day better.

The following pictures show my wrecked rear rotors, the new turbo rear rotors, the buildup of the PFC two piece rotors (which was easy, and came with great directions), and the Time-serts.

Enjoy!!
Attached Images       

Quick Reply: Happy with PFC and Apex Performance!!!