Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

A question about 997.2 headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 10:13 PM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts
Default A question about 997.2 headlights?

I have a question about the 997.2 headlights - is it possible to replace the dynamic cornering headlights with standard normal ones? If yes, is it a big pain? Error codes and stuff? Has anyone done it?

I for some reason strongly dislike the the way the dynamic cornering headlights look - think it spoils the front end looks a little. I know, kind of silly in the larger scheme of things, and I wouldn't mind a GT3 with any headlights, but knowing they are replaceable would make my search a little smoother.

TIA

ps. I know there is a 3rd headlight for GT3 - the light weight ones, I am not talking about those (I can't tell the difference between that and the standard ones). And I those are for some reason it was not compatible with front lift (the online configurator didn't allow you to choose both - not sure why).
Old 02-14-2013, 10:41 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure you can, maybe will need coding on the modules done by PWIS or durametric, but don't see why not.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:07 AM
993 770
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dibs on the headlights should you decide to swap them. Pm me when ready!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:26 PM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
I'm sure you can, maybe will need coding on the modules done by PWIS or durametric, but don't see why not.
Thanks for the input.

Originally Posted by 993 770
Dibs on the headlights should you decide to swap them. Pm me when ready!
I don't even have a GT3 yet, but sure if and when I do.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:07 PM
markus_t19
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why swap?

Originally Posted by sunnyr
I have a question about the 997.2 headlights - is it possible to replace the dynamic cornering headlights with standard normal ones? If yes, is it a big pain? Error codes and stuff? Has anyone done it?

I for some reason strongly dislike the the way the dynamic cornering headlights look - think it spoils the front end looks a little. I know, kind of silly in the larger scheme of things, and I wouldn't mind a GT3 with any headlights, but knowing they are replaceable would make my search a little smoother.

TIA

ps. I know there is a 3rd headlight for GT3 - the light weight ones, I am not talking about those (I can't tell the difference between that and the standard ones). And I those are for some reason it was not compatible with front lift (the online configurator didn't allow you to choose both - not sure why).
Why consider to swap out dynamic cornering head lights?
I love them ...give me much improved lighting on windy roads and at the same time a fantastic dynamic sensation. Hard to describe - like the difference going from regular to carving skis

Quick Reply: A question about 997.2 headlights?