Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

COBALT, ROTOR AND OTHER HOLIDAY SALE @ ZSA MOTORSPORT

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 12:09 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default COBALT, ROTOR AND OTHER HOLIDAY SALE @ ZSA MOTORSPORT

If Santa wants to be at the top of the leader board, he's going to have worry about not only Rudolph's deer-power, but he's gotta get that sled stopped on a dime as well.

To help out, ZSA Motorsports is offering all Cobalt and various rotor sets, all now 20% off list prices.

We're huge fans of Cobalt brake pads, having had tremendous success with them in our PCA race cars and our World Challenge Camaro. Cobalt's pads, for us, have historically outperformed top competitor pads in virtually all areas of performance. They offer a range of XR1 to XR5 pads, but will also custom mix compounds to provide the best results.

We resolved some horrific Boxster Grand Am ABS issues by using various compounds available. As well, their XR2 pads are ideal for 997 Cups without ABS systems. Many Grand Am and WOrld Challenge teams use the Cobalt pads for their performance advantages.

All Cobalt pads are built upon specification. The pads we maintain were all built over the last 8 weeks, so you can be sure that the product you are getting incorporates the latest and greatest innovations, and is not stale and lacking performance.

Price-wise, they are no more expensive than Pagid, and in many cases, cheaper. Pagid, a great pad, charges a lot more for their R29 yellow compound, while Cobalt doesnt differ pricing based on compound, but only pad shape/material quantity.

For us Cobalt pads also last materially longer than the similar Pagid pads. We ran some 12 days in our World Challenge 500hp camaro without needing to change pads. It might have been luck, or track conditions, but we would have gone through 2 to 3 sets of Pagids.

For more info on Cobalt, check out: http://www.cobaltfriction.com/default.asp

Most of our other rotors and other brake products, Endless fluids and parts are also on sale.

For those heading to Sebring David Murray, Sebring PCA or David Murray COTA, we can bring them to you saving you a ton in shipping. Also, We'll be at the events with a large inventory of spares if you find yourself in need of a quick set to get you through the weekend.

Give us a call or shoot us an email and we'd be happy to ensure you get the best brake products for your application.

Happy Holidays!

Last edited by ZSA Motorsport; 12-19-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:40 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 811 Likes on 464 Posts

Love my Cobalt XR2 on the 6GT3 I get from 8 to 10 days on a set

Peter
Old 12-19-2012, 06:56 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Ok....couple questions:

SOME HISTORY: My 2012 Carrera GTS is highly front brake biased and it really wears out the front rotors fast. I recently swathed to GT3 6 piston front calipers and use 350mm Turbo offset front rotors. The rears are stock 2005-2012 Carrera S 4 piston calipers and 330mm rotors. I used to use Pagid RS29 Yellows front and RS14 Black Rears trying to balance out the brake bias.

1- what GT3 997.1 pads does Cobalt have and what 997S Carrera rear pads does Cobalt have with more rear bite?

2- What front rotors in 350mm Turbo offset for Center Lock fitment do you have and what 330mm Rear for Carrera GTS (Widebody) for Center lock fitment do yo have?
Old 12-19-2012, 07:14 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 811 Likes on 464 Posts

Mike

The easiest way to crossover, when you have a cobbled together sysyem, is use your Pajid part#'s you are currently using. Shoot Andie at Cobalt Friction an email if ZSA Motorsports can't help you out.

Peter
Old 12-19-2012, 08:33 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give us a shout tomorrow and we can discuss more about where and when you're getting lockup or imbalance issues. Broadly speaking one could look at the XR1 rears for more bite than the RS29Y.
ideally, id love to see some data if you have any from an AIM or other system that tracks wheelspeeds so we can see when / where and how badly the fronts are outbreaking the rears, if you're getting lockup before ABS takes over. ABS will disguise and remedy some of the imbalance, and if you had the ability we'd disable ABS, run laps without ABS, resolve the lockup and balance, get things sorted out, then re-enable abs.

anyway, give us a shout tomorrow we can suggest a few things. and yes, if you have the pagid part#s that you've used, we'll know which Cobalts to try. We have most of the 997 and 996 GT3 etc pad fitments. Also, if we had data, and tried a combo of pads and could determine we needed a wee bit more or less, cobalt can mix up a custom batch to tweak it closer.

Originally Posted by mdrums
Ok....couple questions:

SOME HISTORY: My 2012 Carrera GTS is highly front brake biased and it really wears out the front rotors fast. I recently swathed to GT3 6 piston front calipers and use 350mm Turbo offset front rotors. The rears are stock 2005-2012 Carrera S 4 piston calipers and 330mm rotors. I used to use Pagid RS29 Yellows front and RS14 Black Rears trying to balance out the brake bias.

1- what GT3 997.1 pads does Cobalt have and what 997S Carrera rear pads does Cobalt have with more rear bite?

2- What front rotors in 350mm Turbo offset for Center Lock fitment do you have and what 330mm Rear for Carrera GTS (Widebody) for Center lock fitment do yo have?
Old 12-19-2012, 10:38 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

ZSA...it's not some much the fronts are locking up...even at Sebring I only tickle ABS going into T7. My issue is the front rotors are wearing out in like 3 DE events....crack, crazing and deep grooves. I'm getting more groves now that I switched to PFC08 pads. The Pagids didn't groove the rotor nearly this quickly...but the PFC08 feels so much better and don;t fade and feel like junk after a few DE's.
I know BGB Motorsports uses Cobalt for there GTS Rolex Grand Am car with the same front brakes as me but they also use 350mm rotors on the rear too.

Quick Reply: COBALT, ROTOR AND OTHER HOLIDAY SALE @ ZSA MOTORSPORT