Sebring lap-Please critique

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 02:47 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by senna
R6, I notice changing from Nitto to Hoosier it has a lot more front break grip. I haven't been doing this for long so I am still learning. I noticed Hoosiers offer a lot more benefit than any other tire I used. Even as bad as they got late Sunday I could easily feel when they were about let go.
dont know the track, but fast hands. seems like florida drivers all got fast hands. we on west coast just pray for the best.

smooth....

what happened to radio
Old 12-11-2012, 08:21 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by Earlierapex
really very good driving. you are at the driving point that gets to be much less fun because it's a lot harder and more dangerous to pick up much more speed!

Few subtle things: Turn in a bit earlier for 17 (make it almost a double apex) and brake later. You actually missed the t17 apex just a bit (one of the few you missed). You'll know you hit the apex because the car will bounce even harder. If you get the car rotated a bit earlier on the back half of 17, you can get on the gas earlier.

try to get the car a little more to the right for the sweeper at t5.

get more left at entry to 15, more right at second part of 15 and more left at entry to 16. You could also stay on the gas harder/longer all the way through 14, no need to short shift.

Really just subtle stuff, overall very good driving.
Hmm. Disagree on some of this. No need nor benefit to hitting even more of a bounce in T17.

No real benefit to forcing the car to the riight to enter T5, since it often results in the car's attitude being pointed a bit to the riight for a left hander. Better IMO to let the car go where it knows to go, as straight as possible, and enter T5 from there.

Same as forcing the car to the left for T15, which has been discussed many times here.

Same as at T16.

As for 14/Bishops, many find that short shifting stabilizes the back end of the car, and actually allows them to use more throttle for more real estate...
Old 12-11-2012, 09:27 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

+1 VR is so correct on his reply and says they same thing Chris Hall told...don't force the car more right for t5 and more left for T16...keep the car balanced. Great advise from VR.

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Hmm. Disagree on some of this. No need nor benefit to hitting even more of a bounce in T17.

No real benefit to forcing the car to the riight to enter T5, since it often results in the car's attitude being pointed a bit to the riight for a left hander. Better IMO to let the car go where it knows to go, as straight as possible, and enter T5 from there.

Same as forcing the car to the left for T15, which has been discussed many times here.

Same as at T16.

As for 14/Bishops, many find that short shifting stabilizes the back end of the car, and actually allows them to use more throttle for more real estate...

Quick Reply: Sebring lap-Please critique