Beware: Red GT3 for Sale in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 12:34 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 294 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by GoVols
I am a virgin Porsche buyer but what are your guys thoughts on the Red GT3 in Charlotte NC? I would Daily drive the car (I know that sounds crazy) and love the guard red. Obviously if the car has a big story behind it then I will find a different one.
Have you driven a GT3 yet? I'm not saying I wouldn't do what you're suggesting, but you're certainly stepping into the deep end for you first Porsche daily driver. I don't know the car in question, but it looks nice in photos. The company selling it has a RENTAL EXOTICS tab on their website. I would be much less interested in the car if I knew they had rented it out...... Not saying they did, just something I would want to know more about.

Edit: they do list 911 GT3 as a car in the rental fleet. Again, they don't call out that one specifically
Old 02-19-2019, 08:41 PM
pdds
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

@GoVols (Can't send PM for some reason), I have a GR 7.2 GT3 that is for sale. PM me for details if interested, or anyone else. Thanks!
Old 02-20-2019, 03:02 AM
Torquemonster
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT3 in North Carolina

Originally Posted by GoVols
I am a virgin Porsche buyer but what are your guys thoughts on the Red GT3 in Charlotte NC? I would Daily drive the car (I know that sounds crazy) and love the guard red. Obviously if the car has a big story behind it then I will find a different one.
Hi Govols,
The 2007 GT3 in NC is not the same car that was for sale in NY or Houston which was a 2008. Ask them to send you the Carfax for starters and hire someone very good to do the PPI (don’t rely only on a Porsche Dealer inspection as I almost did.) There were $30k of additional issues that didn’t occur to the Porsche dealer when they wrote up the first $20k. It really was that bad.

Best of luck out there.

Quick Reply: Beware: Red GT3 for Sale in Houston