Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

991 GT3 RSR

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 01:31 PM
P_collector
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Markus,

are you sure that Porsche ended the relationship with the three mentioned teams? What are they going to do now? These teams brought them the succes over the last years..what about the factory drives? Unemployed?

I cant believe this...I would be really mad if this were true..

PS: in Supercup electric steering could be used..but not in series with competion from other manufacturers..
Old 11-19-2012, 03:35 PM
markus_t19
Advanced

Default who knows

Originally Posted by a.928
Hi Markus,

are you sure that Porsche ended the relationship with the three mentioned teams? What are they going to do now? These teams brought them the succes over the last years..what about the factory drives? Unemployed?

I cant believe this...I would be really mad if this were true..

PS: in Supercup electric steering could be used..but not in series with competion from other manufacturers..
there are 2 rumors here in Germany around this

1- Porsche will return to compete in selected flagship series as a (almost ) factory team (me think - with their top rated factory drivers)

2- Manthey is preparing for something special for next year. There is a lot of "hiding/closed doors/excessive use of curtains" at their factory) and the rumor that Manthey used DI engines in some of their racing

could this potentially mean that Porsche plans to use 2013 to
- introduce the spectacular all-new Cup car in the 2013 Supercup only, i.e. in a controlled environment?
- and work with Manthey to pilot the all-new RSR in 2013 to have a superb RSR for 2014?
Old 11-20-2012, 04:18 AM
wurlie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Markus speaks wisely...
I am of the opinion that they will present a new 991 based Cup to be raced in Supercup only (as is their standard practice of introducing new versions), and Manthey will be developing the RSR, racing it in the International GT Open, where they were runners up this year (also standard practice in recent years - Manthey had the first 3.8 and 4.0L engines in their cars running in VLN long before anyone knew about them).
Best, w
Old 11-20-2012, 05:05 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm wondering what's up with the Turbo fenders on the car with the hole covered up.........
Old 11-20-2012, 06:44 AM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing strange

Look at 2012 rsr
Old 11-20-2012, 09:45 AM
P_collector
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by markus_t19
there are 2 rumors here in Germany around this

1- Porsche will return to compete in selected flagship series as a (almost ) factory team (me think - with their top rated factory drivers)

2- Manthey is preparing for something special for next year. There is a lot of "hiding/closed doors/excessive use of curtains" at their factory) and the rumor that Manthey used DI engines in some of their racing

could this potentially mean that Porsche plans to use 2013 to
- introduce the spectacular all-new Cup car in the 2013 Supercup only, i.e. in a controlled environment?
- and work with Manthey to pilot the all-new RSR in 2013 to have a superb RSR for 2014?
Hi Markus,

thanks for the info. I somehow have similar info as you were guessing - however, I have not heard that they already cancelled their partnership with the two US teams.

That Mathney already used the FDI engines already this year in races - I doubt that very much...in fact Im sure its 99,9% not the case, othwise it would have been known already. Maybe they used kind of a test mule in practice..but not more.

Coming to the future plans, yes in 2013 they will probably introduce it as a Porsche racing series first..not to run any risk ..of "loosing immediately" against the competition.

What Im really concerned is about the engine, of course Porsche will find a solutuion..but it means that almost nothing, really nothing will be similar in 991 RSR compared to 991 GT3, the latter one is certainly/will not be made - to withstand continous racing. RUF didnt put more than 630HP in his new Rturbo..that already gives us a hint.

One thing is sure, if they come with an official factory team - they must win - loosing to privately raced 458s and corvettes will not be accepted by many and would destroy the motorsport heritage seriously. Lets see but my feeling is not good..

all the best

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 RSR