Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Al HURT123
Orbit is bit far .....
Its worth the drive.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:50 PM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Okay so nobody has stated it in the affirmative so allow me do say it.
Champion Motorsport.
They've done great by me.

Ranger (Sua Sponte)
Old 11-18-2012, 12:51 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Meineke FTW.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:04 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Al HURT123
Thanks guys. Yes I'm familiar with all those shops but I just wanted to get some opinions. I ended up going with foreign affairs for now. Orbit is bit far and MGM wasn't a great fit for either of us. I'm surprised no one mentioned foreign affairs. Am I missing something?
Yeah you're missing something...you have one of the best shops in the world...literally...in the world right in your back yard...Orbit Racing...and you didn't drive up I-95 3o minutes or so????

There are guys that drive to Orbit from Tampa 3.5 hours away for a reason. When I take my car to other shops I get nervous and I feel like I have to sit at the shop all day to make sure the work is done right, or done at all and that my car is well cared for...with Orbit you don't have to worry at all.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:05 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by RSRanger
Okay so nobody has stated it in the affirmative so allow me do say it.
Champion Motorsport.
They've done great by me.

Ranger (Sua Sponte)
+1 I'd put Champion right at the top too. They sure did a great job with your car...WOW!...and are past racing champions and have a super clean shop and great history.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:20 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,630 Likes on 757 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Yeah you're missing something...you have one of the best shops in the world...literally...in the world right in your back yard...Orbit Racing...and you didn't drive up I-95 3o minutes or so????

There are guys that drive to Orbit from Tampa 3.5 hours away for a reason. When I take my car to other shops I get nervous and I feel like I have to sit at the shop all day to make sure the work is done right, or done at all and that my car is well cared for...with Orbit you don't have to worry at all.
What Mike said ^^

Orbit is happy to come pick up your car.
When traveling they have picked up my car and put it back in the garage :-)
I only have to notify wifey that there is a flatbed loading up my car and bringing it back.

Just write down what needs to be done so nothing is forgotten.
The earlier you give the list, the quicker it is done and the less time the car spends in the shop.

Pricing is very fair for top quality work and if something, even small details are not perfect, no questions asked it will be corrected.

I'v heard good things about Champion as well but I have not done much there as it is also close to me, but in the wrong direction. It is a very nice facility and if you have a car under warranty they can be accomodating. Also the customers there seem to be more often Turbo cars for mostly street drivers and fewer race cars and DE junkies.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:58 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts
Default Orbit

A shop that builds, maintains and runs Cup, Grand-am and RSRs is a good place to take advantage of experience already gained in development of these cars.

They already ready know what wears, breaks, what to look out for etc...
They maintain a race car like an airplane. Not only will the car be competitive but you know it will hold together at speed.

When my car is at Orbit, it is surrounded by high end competitive race cars that are clean enough to eat off and the staff that know them inside out.
My RS likes that
Attached Images  
Old 11-18-2012, 04:25 PM
cbweaver1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been to a couple different shops in the south florida area and Orbit is hands down the best for a variety of reasons, the most important being the owner, Rodger. If you go else where because of logistics or because they have a prettier looking facility, I suggest you get everything quoted in writing before you have any work done. Never a bad surprise out of Orbit and the quality of their work is second to none. My next US based P car will be going to Orbit.

Quick Reply: Need a New Shop in South Florida