Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Fire Extinguisher install

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 101 Posts
Default Fire Extinguisher install

Two weeks ago I was at Road Atlanta, and my student's car caught on fire while we were in it. After getting out, and having to just stand there and watch it burn until the track personnel showed up with extinguishers, I immediately decided it was time to put one in my car.

Of course, if you drive a C5 Z06 with any aftermarket engine work, your odds of catching on fire are exponentially increased, as was this case, but regardless, it happens and I don't want to ever have to sit and watch my car burn.

I ordered the new Rennline GT3 seat mounting brackets. A fire extinguisher will be in my car before my next event. Probably should've been the first thing I installed, but better late than never. Nothing like an exploding Corvette to remind you.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:42 PM
chardonet
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mvez

I ordered the new Rennline GT3 seat mounting brackets. A fire extinguisher will be in my car before my next event. Probably should've been the first thing I installed, but better late than never. Nothing like an exploding Corvette to remind you.
I used the Rennline bracket and retroftted my OEM extinguisher onto the GT-2 seats that I bought. I had to use washers between the rail and bracket for extra clearance, as the slider made rubbing noise on the notches when the seat was adjusted.

Quick Reply: Fire Extinguisher install