Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike, how did it go???
Old 09-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by sstjohn
Paver takes the honorary Greek grass cutting award. Great to meet you Lindsey had a blast watching you mow the lawn. I hope you don't get a re-sodding bill from the sticklers at Barber. You need to come down to Sebring for one of the Chin events or PBOC this winter.

MDrums gets the sweating and wheel changing award.

Overall great weekend although the P cars were not represented as well as they are in Florida. There was not one 3.8RS.
Ummm I saw you crest the hill in 4 and mow some lawn....post the video or I will
Old 09-24-2012, 06:45 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Steven, did you see it?????? Holy ****, I used up a ten yr allotment of good luck yesterday. I will clean out all the grass that's in my car and mail it back to them.
Sounds like you were lucky too. Show us the vid.
Enjoyed meeting you guys.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:57 PM
sstjohn
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I only saw the first one from the bottom of the hill. They probably have a crew that'll sew the grass back on.

Sebring oct 13-14. Come on down for some more fun.

I blame the cracked out hoos i was on not my lifting while overcorrecting.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:10 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

the one you saw was just a double wide trackout
Old 09-24-2012, 10:40 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Great track, great event with good friends. Nice to meet Paver from this forum! As most of you know....Barber is very fun, technical and fast. The track is beautiful with great pavement and curbs. The grounds/pits, restrooms are impeccable and super clean. This track makes Sebring look like a dump.

I kept tossing wheels weights...so I had a guy working over at the Goldcrest tent on Cup Cars put on the so called good weights and rebalance and I threw those off too...ripped the weights and tape right off the foam sticky stuff. They said they've never seen that before, even with the cup cars. I told them their drivers aren't fast enough and I'm available....that was a good laugh had by all! LOL... My car was vibrating all over the place. I lost 6lbs sweating with taking wheels on and off, in and out of my car and my students car. I also cracked a weld on the tube coming out of my muffler to the tip and lost the elbow and tip.

I didn't spin or mow the lawn, came close a few times in T7 and cresting T12 track out trying to follow Steven then I just said no way my wanna be aero beetle can keep up with a .2 GT3. I was faster than the other GTS cars so I'm good with that..LOL My best times were one high 1:47's- 48's...consistent. I could have pushed harder in places and late braked further in places but just trying to save equipment and drive the car home. I'll go through my RK data soon and post up some video's of me and my slow wannabe aero beetle.

I'm proud that I got my student to solo green on his 1st day ever at Barber and then solo blue on Sunday. Things really started to click for him on Sunday.

The Z06 Vettes were just brutal fast...driven very well and the fastest by far there by a wide margin.

Drove all day to get home and sore as heck! 10hrs getting home (cops and traffic and stopping to make sure my bumper was melting due to exhaust issue) in a 997 with GT2 seats is not something I will do again.

Last edited by mdrums; 09-27-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:49 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Mike, I had that with my non smooth finished Volk wheels all the time..
No fun driving a car that is vibrating to pieces..
Old 09-24-2012, 10:49 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Any video's???
Old 09-24-2012, 10:50 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,415 Likes on 756 Posts

Mike, I love Barber's! Sucks you had such a difficult time with wheel weights. Nice lap times considering street car driven there & back on street tires! The last time I had my car there, October '11, I kept cracking Kosei wheels. Did get a few laps down to the 41's on data, but in reality only ended up driving like 25-30 laps total over 3 days due to wheel issues, too
Old 09-24-2012, 11:05 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Any video's???
I dont have video...if I did it would be epic. I got a real expensive lesson for free this time. Turned off stability control for a few laps and lifted a little too much at the bottom 12. I think I ended up in a different county when I finally stopped spinning.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:21 AM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mdrums
Great track, great event with good friends. Nice to meet Paver from this forum! As most of you know....Barber is very fun, technical and fast. The track is beautiful with great pavement and curbs. The grounds/pits, restrooms are impeccable and super clean. This track makes Sebring look like a dump.

I kept tossing wheels weights...so I had a guy working over at the Goldcrest tent on Cup Cars put on the so called good weights and rebalance and I threw those off too...ripped the weights and tape right off the foam sticky stuff. They said they've never seen that before, even with the cup cars. I told them their drivers aren't fast enough and I'm available....that was a good laugh had by all! LOL... My car was vibrating all over the place. I lost 6lbs sweating with taking wheels on and off, in and out of my car and my students car. I also cracked a weld on the tube coming out of my muffler to the tip and lost the elbow and tip.

I didn't spin or mow the lawn, came close a few times in T7 and cresting T12 track out trying to follow Steven then I just said no way my wanna be aero beetle can keep up with a .2 GT3. I was faster than the other GTS cars so I'm good with that..LOL My best times were in the high 1:47's- low/mid 48's...consistent. I could have pushed harder in places and late braked further in places but just trying to save equipment and drive the car home. I'll go through my RK data soon and post up some video's of me and my slow wannabe aero beetle.

I'm proud that I got my student to solo green on his 1st day ever at Barber and then solo blue on Sunday. Things really started to click for him on Sunday.

The Z06 Vettes were just brutal fast...driven very well and the fastest by far there by a wide margin.

Drove all day to get home and sore as heck! 10hrs getting home (cops and traffic and stopping to make sure my bumper was melting due to exhaust issue) in a 997 with GT2 seats is not something I will do again.
The drive there and back blows . . . That is why I ended up getting the truck and trailer! You can cruise up in comfort, blast the car for 2 days straight and then load her up and cruise home in comfort again!

I bet those seats tested your prostate!!!! LOL.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:29 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Mike, I had that with my non smooth finished Volk wheels all the time..
No fun driving a car that is vibrating to pieces..
I'm getting my sander out and roughing up the finished on the inside of the wheel where any weight might be placed.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:37 AM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Mike, I love Barber's! Sucks you had such a difficult time with wheel weights. Nice lap times considering street car driven there & back on street tires! The last time I had my car there, October '11, I kept cracking Kosei wheels. Did get a few laps down to the 41's on data, but in reality only ended up driving like 25-30 laps total over 3 days due to wheel issues, too
Speaking of Mowing Lawns...
You have some Sand Trap video somewhere from Barber right?
Old 09-25-2012, 09:39 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Mike, was that your first time at barber? I heard mti was there, and I bet speed south had some cars there too. You need a cup or some blowers to keep up with what those cars are pushing. I'm having barber withdrawal, haven't been there in a year.

Quick Reply: Barber Motorsports with Chin 9-22/23