Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NCRC-SPCA at Laguna Seca October 20-21

Any of you fine gents going?
Old 09-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Horstair
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I've run LS over half a dozen times this year and I'm sick and tired of "bicycling" through T5 and past the SOUNDSTATION! My car is stock and I can legally (per DOT) drive around in any neighborhood in the US with no problems. So why can't I drive on a fricking race tack without getting black-flagged? Sooo, I've decided, like a growing number of folks to "boycott" the track until they change it to at least 95db which I understand is the "DOT" number for exhausts. It's a great track but not worth $300, $350 or even more for this BS. And I refuse to "plug" my GT3! Why would I do this? One main reason I bought the damn thing is the sound :-):-)
Old 09-07-2012, 11:29 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Horstair
I've run LS over half a dozen times this year and I'm sick and tired of "bicycling" through T5 and past the SOUNDSTATION! My car is stock and I can legally (per DOT) drive around in any neighborhood in the US with no problems. So why can't I drive on a fricking race tack without getting black-flagged? Sooo, I've decided, like a growing number of folks to "boycott" the track until they change it to at least 95db which I understand is the "DOT" number for exhausts. It's a great track but not worth $300, $350 or even more for this BS. And I refuse to "plug" my GT3! Why would I do this? One main reason I bought the damn thing is the sound :-):-)
Amen Brother!

Old 09-07-2012, 11:34 PM
DJN
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

I have always wanted to give it a try, and I have heard from others (and now yourself) that a stock GT3 won't pass............so I am definately hooped with an Akrapovic "sound system" installed.

I am looking forward to letting the dB's fly at Savy's TrakRat event!!!

Cheers!
Doug N
Old 09-08-2012, 12:02 AM
mikeoR32
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Completely agree. People move next to a racetrack and then complain of the noise. NIMBY'ism at its finest.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:55 AM
Horstair
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by DJN

I am looking forward to letting the dB's fly at Savy's TrakRat event!!!

Cheers!
Doug N
Can hardly wait to drive this awesome track with "Savyboy" giving us personal lessons :-) I think Doug, you and I are the only ones in HPDE at this time, so get ready to practice your point-bys :For all you others (Mike32?) why don't you come up and join us at Savy's event. Coerce your GF or better half to let you go :-) Look at Savy's other post for more info or go to "motorsportsreg.com" and look for the "trackrat" event!

Quick Reply: NCRC-SPCA at Laguna Seca October 20-21