Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

FS 3.8RS white 4000 miles limited time frame.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 04:38 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ask John to clean up the thread.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:49 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 773 Posts

Anyone want a perfect 3.8RS?

I said;

Old 09-10-2012, 08:58 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

I said;

I have an idea.

You bought a perfect 3.8RS for $135k and 800 miles. Get it back to stock with just 4,000 miles, stop by a Porsche dealer and trade in the car for either a 4.0RS or a GT2 RS (whichever you end up liking the most).

All the removed parts ($25k plus the donor parts from Trakcar 2.0), either fit in the new car, or you can sell them and get some extra money from them.

Modifications are paid on pennies of the dollar, so get the car back to stock but instead of selling it cheaper, just dump it at a dealer.

Once your car is gone, you will get PM and emails asking "is this car still available". Slow triggers don't get food.

Don't pay more than $225k for a White 4.0RS, and no more than $215k for a White GT2RS.

Personally, I would just add a 4.0+ powerkit and brake cooling, you're going to be paying another $100k to go 1 second faster if going GT2RS or 4.0RS.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:09 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

I said;

Thanks, already have a perfect one. Coulda used one back in June...
Old 09-10-2012, 09:37 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
Thanks, already have a perfect one.
We'll see how long that lasts.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:40 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Don't pay more than $225k for a White 4.0RS, and no more than $215k for a White GT2RS.

Personally, I would just add a 4.0+ powerkit and brake cooling, you're going to be paying another $100k to go 1 second faster if going GT2RS or 4.0RS.[/QUOTE]

X2
Old 09-10-2012, 09:42 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Personally, I would just add a 4.0+ powerkit and brake cooling, you're going to be paying another $100k to go 1 second faster if going GT2RS or 4.0RS.
Not to get overly granular here but the potential will be a lot more than 1 second in a 4.0 unless you are talking a 1 mile track. On a 2:00 track, it's fully capable of shaving 3 secs all else being equal.

Returning the 3.8 to stock and selling the bits might be the best answer. Totally bizarre for any rational thinking person to not snap up the intelligently modded cars that come to market for pennies on the dollar, but I can only guess prospects are severely math challenged? I can't comprehend it...
Old 09-10-2012, 09:42 PM
senna
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know...Rad aint stupid!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:14 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 773 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
I have an idea.

You bought a perfect 3.8RS for $135k and 800 miles. Get it back to stock with just 4,000 miles, stop by a Porsche dealer and trade in the car for either a 4.0RS or a GT2 RS (whichever you end up liking the most).

All the removed parts ($25k plus the donor parts from Trakcar 2.0), either fit in the new car, or you can sell them and get some extra money from them.

Modifications are paid on pennies of the dollar, so get the car back to stock but instead of selling it cheaper, just dump it at a dealer.

Once your car is gone, you will get PM and emails asking "is this car still available". Slow triggers don't get food.

Rad, you are making so much sense when you are not hallucinating about the Fiat prowess, you are scaring me a bit...
It seems like such a waste to take it all off the car, but I know you are right; they are more valuable to me for the fasterder RS.

No dealer has a car I want within driving distance.
I will never pay over MSRP for any car.

Just always know that you can't get hurt by the deal you don't do.
Having said that, I have 2 calls into dealers and Eddie is helping me. I had not much luck today getting a hold of a couple of them, but I am going to Champion tomorrow to try and hand them my car and get them to send the selller of the fasterder RS a wire.

I figure I give them the car, the business to bolt all this stuff off of it and I finance the difference or hand them a check if I really have to for the difference.

Simpel no? They make money and part off, parts on, make money of dealer fee's, maybe even a couple of K to make it CPO ready and the real CPO fee.

Not in stealerland it isn't..
The problem is that they are all crying that they want to see the car stock, then trade it in. I will not make the car stock unless it is sold.

I guess they would take me more serious if I'd be one of their regular customers that buys a car a month.
Wanna meet me and Eddie at Champion tomorrow?
Just show up in the Fiat and show some interest in the Koenigsegg and tell them I'm your friend. We can go drink beer afterwards.

If not, there is always the 4.0 powerkit but im not really ready until I at least put some miles on the car or run out of warranty.

Originally Posted by GT3DE
Thanks, already have a perfect one. Coulda used one back in June...
Sorry, the fasterder RS sellers have horrible timing.

Originally Posted by rmag
We'll see how long that lasts.
he has plenty of backup cars at the moment. Must say I hope he spare the Silver bullit, but I fear the worst...
I wonder when the cars will show up in Florida. I can park about 4 GT3's next to my house; They are used to sleeping outside ;-) The truck and trailer parking on the other hand is proving a bit more difficult....

Originally Posted by TurboS

X2[/QUOTE]

I'm tempted to pay more for non white. kinda tired of white. Must be one heck of a deal to buy another white car. They have all been white since 2003.

Originally Posted by savyboy
Not to get overly granular here but the potential will be a lot more than 1 second in a 4.0 unless you are talking a 1 mile track. On a 2:00 track, it's fully capable of shaving 3 secs all else being equal.

Returning the 3.8 to stock and selling the bits might be the best answer. Totally bizarre for any rational thinking person to not snap up the intelligently modded cars that come to market for pennies on the dollar, but I can only guess prospects are severely math challenged? I can't comprehend it...
Completely agree, Rad and I are gonna make it happen tomorrow. Watch my car get sold by Champion for $135K and the buyer drives it straight to Orbit to put the same 20K into it (I can't remove the last 5K ;-))

Originally Posted by senna
You know...Rad aint stupid!
Stupid. No.
Only dillusional when it comes to Fiats. All other topics I take his math to the bank...
Old 09-10-2012, 10:45 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 128 Posts

How many real track guys are out there?....not many. These mod's will scare away most every buyer for a RS. Rad makes perfect sense....remove the mods and sell the car as stock. Use the mods on the next car or sell the mod's separately as you'll get way more use of these mods or money for these mod's this way.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:57 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

When I bought the car from Mooty (2007 GT3 RS), I wanted an RS with 6 years and 100,000 miles warranty, thinking I was going to keep it for a long time. Mooty dropped the car at his favorite dealer (Carlsen Porsche), Carlsen bought it from him after inspection, they got it CPO'ed, and I bought from Carlsen. I paid for the extended warranty (it adds some value on resale) and a small transaction fee (dealer profit) for the operation given the car price.

When I bought the Cayman, I did it again. I had the most amazing deal available (around $30k back in 2009 for a car in pristine conditions). I spoke to Porsche of Pasadena, told them, I have a car, I have a seller, I'm the buyer, I want the car CPO, how much you want, and I wanted the promotional CPO pre-owned finance they had available at that time, everything worked out on my favor.

So,

Option 1:

Get Trakcar 2.1 back to stock, because the moment they take the car, the car is going to an auction, that's reality. Get the seller of your next car (hopefully in Florida) bring the car to Champion, let Champion broker the deal, trade-in value should be in a feasible range, you will take a hit on trade-in anyway, but Zero hassle on the deal. Buy the CPO extended warranty from Champion, and done deal.

Option 2:

Bring the car as is to Champion, and your next car to Champion. Close the same deal as Option 1, except that Champion will get paid for getting Trakcar 2.1 back to stock, and Trakcar 2.2 with the GoFast parts installed.

In either case, Champion is making free money on the brokerage fee, making money on the CPO sale, and optionally making money on labor. "In this economy" only the retard would refuse to make such easy money. If Champion arranges finance with Porsche nice current programs, they get paid too. If they decide to sell the 3.8RS on their showroom, they make even more.

Option 3: Wait until the right buyer shows up and pays cheap money for the value anyone could get from your car. You could be waiting longer than Erik.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:12 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

I'm getting dizzy.
I read Beer, Eddie, bar .... all in the same phrase, and I'm happy.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:49 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 813 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
I'm getting dizzy.
I read Beer, Eddie, bar .... all in the same phrase, and I'm happy.

Eddie

Love the avatar brings back memories as I had a jacket like that waaaay back then.

I have an idea Peter buys beer and has work party to put car back to stock.

Peter
Old 09-11-2012, 12:03 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Thanks Peter,

I'm all for it
Old 09-11-2012, 12:21 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by Arlene468
trust me, he won't .... do you know despicable me
How do you know a "Bot"? It has a female name and the reply is a bit weird.

Click reply to the bots original post, see the spam links embedded in it?

FYI- read it, learn to recognize it, ignore it

Back on topic! Peters car has got to get sold! Man-up you fence-sitters!

Quick Reply: FS 3.8RS white 4000 miles limited time frame.