Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Cool Shots of my Race Rig

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by onelove
Great picture! I may have to do this soon, keep debating on a truck/trailer setup of my own for my track adventures but this would be much easier.
Wes do this

but nicer upgradeis small Aluma enclosed to two behind....but custom order to hold four tires standing up

http://www.alumaklm.com/motorcycle-t...e-trailer.html
Old 08-21-2012, 02:10 PM
Paul2x
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by forhamilton
Does the trailer create a little more oversteer than stock?
LOL Don't know and hope I don't find out!

Originally Posted by leif997
That rig is what started me on my slippery slope in 1999/2000...had one and quickly upgraded several times. Loved that little trailer. Should have stayed with it and kept it simple.
When I have a RSR in my garage I'll call you and say you told me so! =) Thanks

Originally Posted by fc-racer
Thanks for the info on the wheels, they loom amazing. One more question, what is your cup wing setup? Is it MA Shaw or factory or? Thanks!
It's a Getty Decklid (hybrid- Cup outer with OEM street car inner for OE airbox) and I opted to go with OEM Porsche Motorsport wing, uprights and endplates.
Also picked up a spare fan and harness to make swaps a breeze.

Originally Posted by utkinpol
great project.
why did you put box at the far end of the trailer, would it be less weight on the tounge if wheels would be where trunk is now?

did you enforce rear end where hitch getting mounted?
Your correct, but if you notice the offset of the axel on the trailer is more toward the rear and does not leave enough space to fit the wheels, but once the box is loaded w/ my jack and gear it offsets the wheel weight really well. Toung weight is about 45lbs.
Guys on the vette forums run the same trailer and a few tried mounting their wheels on the rear and noted excessive bouncing and wagging from the trailer so I kept the wheels up front. No issues.

The rear is also reenforced as you asked. Willwood also sells heavy duty supports and I also mounted my hitch with 5 mounting points vs the original 2.

Thanks again guys.

Last edited by Paul2x; 08-21-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:23 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul2x
The rear is also reenforced as you asked. Willwood also sells heavy duty supports and I also mounted my hitch with 5 mounting points vs the original 2.
any pictures to illustrate the process, by any chance? i am trying to fight my lazyness and do the same thing so i would start driving on R6 instead of NT01 tires but cannot force myself to start with this.

i wrote to Willwood some time before but got no response, is he still active?
Old 08-21-2012, 06:52 PM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Wes do this

but nicer upgradeis small Aluma enclosed to two behind....but custom order to hold four tires standing up

http://www.alumaklm.com/motorcycle-t...e-trailer.html
Gonna do some more research on it for sure. High Rise Condo + Truck and big Trailer storage = pain in the *** so I may have to join Burkes trailer park club.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:59 AM
lopro
Banned

great shots man, I really loved those. Not sure but sometimes you guys really get going. If all i had was your set up to my name, I would be a happy man.

Thanks for the new desktop. Man I cant wait to get healthy and get to the track/

INSPIRED - THANKS
Old 08-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Paul2x
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lopro
great shots man, I really loved those. Not sure but sometimes you guys really get going. If all i had was your set up to my name, I would be a happy man.

Thanks for the new desktop. Man I cant wait to get healthy and get to the track/

INSPIRED - THANKS
Thanks Lopro - good to see you back on!

Wish you a quick recovery and back in the saddle asap!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:05 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by lopro

INSPIRED - THANKS
Hi lopro, welcome back, where have you been? Nice avitar too! dang!

Quick Reply: Cool Shots of my Race Rig