Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Inside diameter 18" wheels clearing PCCB?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 11:45 AM
oreo
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inside diameter 18" wheels clearing PCCB?

Does anyone know which inside diameter is required for an 18" wheel to clear the PCCB calipers on a 997.1 GT3? Interested in a set of ATS GTR Motorsport wheels but have not seen whether they have been used on PCCB cars before. Inside diameter is 44 cm.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:22 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oreo
Does anyone know which inside diameter is required for an 18" wheel to clear the PCCB calipers on a 997.1 GT3? Interested in a set of ATS GTR Motorsport wheels but have not seen whether they have been used on PCCB cars before. Inside diameter is 44 cm.
Dang, that is a tasty wheel! Me Likee. What are the weights and load ratings?
Old 07-17-2012, 12:38 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Onlt goes to 11" wide?...not wide enough for GT3 Porsche rear wheel
Old 07-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 101 Posts

Not sure about ID, but for 5 lug, just get a set of 18" CCW's and forget about it. Fits PCCB, lightweight, forged, and cheap compared to the others.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:58 PM
andrewdr
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have 18" Fikse and they clear, i will measure when off the car but if you called them i am sure they will give you the inside diameter.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:47 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Mvez
Not sure about ID, but for 5 lug, just get a set of 18" CCW's and forget about it. Fits PCCB, lightweight, forged, and cheap compared to the others.
Yep CCW 9x18 and 12x18 has proper fit they are top quality forged, no big overhead so the price is only $2900! Wish they made center locks though.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:31 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by oreo
16.96", be aware that some wheels can have an even larger inner diameter on the inner edge, and a smaller inner diameter near the outer edge that won't clear the PCCB calipers.

Another measurement necessary is the distance from the calipers to the wheel spokes. This measurement I don't have, but most wheels clear this distance.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:55 AM
oreo
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
16.96", be aware that some wheels can have an even larger inner diameter on the inner edge, and a smaller inner diameter near the outer edge that won't clear the PCCB calipers.

Another measurement necessary is the distance from the calipers to the wheel spokes. This measurement I don't have, but most wheels clear this distance.
Thank you very much! Should (in theory) have 3 mm clearance then and it is then worthwhile to take the trip to test them on the car

Originally Posted by Mvez
Probably would if I lived in the US - after shipping, customs & taxes the CCW's cost more than a set of BBS E88...

Originally Posted by Andrewdr
I have 18" Fikse and they clear, i will measure when off the car but if you called them i am sure they will give you the inside diameter.
Many thanks for the offer - would be an interesting measurement to have to see if the wheels that fit PCCB have similar clearances, but not absolutely necessary as NJ-GT provided a useful measurement

Originally Posted by savyboy
Dang, that is a tasty wheel! Me Likee. What are the weights and load ratings?
Wheels are custom-made on order by ATS Motorsport and I have not been able to find any general spec for the wheel. Will investigate further when I have a further look at this particular wheelset, but I can recommend contacting ATS Motorsport if you want to know more - Michael Timm answered me within a couple of hours on first contact!

Originally Posted by mdrums
Onlt goes to 11" wide?...not wide enough for GT3 Porsche rear wheel
Thanks for the warning, but I have seen that several uses 11" rear on the .1 and for the price on these I am willing to try

Quick Reply: Inside diameter 18" wheels clearing PCCB?