Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

does the carpet have to be removed to locate and remove rear seatbelt mount plugs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 12:26 PM
mepps
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default does the carpet have to be removed to locate and remove rear seatbelt mount plugs?

can anyone help
Old 07-04-2012, 12:50 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Most likely not. The nuts you are looking for should be pretty obvious under the carpet. I'll try to dig up a photo of mine. The car had a roll bar installed in this location and when it was removed, the holes were left.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:56 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,894 Likes on 1,717 Posts

I can feel the holes through the carpet. I was planning on just poking tiny holes in the carpet, just large enough to get the bolts through. If I have to remove plastic plugs, that's going to suck!

Whatever the case is, I'll move the carpet out of the way, pull the plugs, replace the carpet then poke the holes. I can post up a DIY if you're not going to be installing for a few weeks. I'm waiting on getting my bar back from the coater. Also need to tint windows before the bar goes in.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:26 PM
mepps
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

exactly what i was thinking, i want a hole in the carpet just big enough, i dont know how big the plugs are. if the carpet has to come out so be it, just would be easier and not risk hurting or breaking any of the side panels to get that carpet out of the way. any carpet removal tips would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: does the carpet have to be removed to locate and remove rear seatbelt mount plugs?