Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Intro & Review of Veloce Raptor and Dave Murry Track Days

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012 | 01:57 PM
SuzukaG
Intermediate

Default Intro & Review of Veloce Raptor and Dave Murry Track Days

Hello, I have been a long time lurker and found these forums to have a wealth of information. I thank those that have contributed. I am hoping to become more of an active member despite time constraints with work and family. My recent experience with Veloce Raptor (Dave) and DMTD warranted this first post.

I registered for DMTD at NJMP (6/27-6/28) and hired Dave as a coach for my father and myself as a belated Father's Day gift. My father has a 1988 BMW M5 that he has been driving on the track since the day he bought it new. I have a track-prepped 2010 GT3, also purchased new. My car started the event with 1,800 miles and my father's car with 150,000 miles. Having started with BMWs, I thought a coach would be fun and useful since we are not accustomed to a rear engine, rear drive car on the track. This was also the first time at Thunderbolt for the both of us. We were not disappointed. Dave is a first-rate driver and coach. We played with different lines, gears, etc and he was able to help us shave a few seconds off our laptimes. We had a blast going around the track in his Ford Focus rental, and the corner workers found it quite entertaining as well! If anyone is thinking about hiring a coach for an event, I would not hesitate to recommend Dave. It was a pleasure driving with him. Thank you again Dave!

Dave Murry and Mark Taylor of DMTD were gracious hosts and ran a top-notch event. We have been to other open track events (Trackmasters, NASA) and found the open track format to be the best. Track is hot all day (one hr lunch break and two 15 min corner station breaks) for a total of 7 hours of track time. We met some great people and the whole event ran smoothly. We will definitely be running with DMTD in the future and would recommend them to anybody looking for serious seat-time.
Old 06-30-2012 | 02:55 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Thanks, man, it was a lot of fun to work with you and your dad!

Quick Reply: Intro & Review of Veloce Raptor and Dave Murry Track Days