Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

How about Chase Cam, anyone using that system, opinions

Thx,
Old 07-22-2012, 09:19 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 386 Likes on 196 Posts

+1 to everything Lolaman said.

I started off with an ECU bridge and SmartyCam (which comes with its separate external GPS module). Over time I added the SoloDL which eliminated the need for the ECU bridge and external GPS. The Solo picks up VASTLY more data channels than the ECU bridge alone can visualize on the SmartyCam. Once connected, it'll act as the "master" in the system and feeds all GPS, timing and ECU data to the cam. It's an elegant solution.

I only wished for two things in this setup: (1) High Def video and (2) the ability to recalibrate the accelerometer on the SoloDL through the unit (i.e. without whipping out a laptop). The g-sensors are very sensitive to orientation and unless you permanently affix the Solo to some location in the cabin you're bound to have to recalibrate from time to time...
Old 07-22-2012, 10:42 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,237 Likes on 1,856 Posts

Originally Posted by zip465
How about Chase Cam, anyone using that system, opinions

Thx,
ChaseCam PDR-100 is now out of production. There are always some for sale on eBay and they're well built and a great, solid state camera system that uses the low mass, compact bullet cam. I can't recommend the DIVA at this time, but know others that use it in concert with the MoTeC systems.

Originally Posted by CRex
+1 to everything Lolaman said.

Over time I added the SoloDL which eliminated the need for the ECU bridge and external GPS. The Solo picks up VASTLY more data channels than the ECU bridge alone can visualize on the SmartyCam. Once connected, it'll act as the "master" in the system and feeds all GPS, timing and ECU data to the cam. It's an elegant solution.

I only wish for the ability to recalibrate the accelerometer on the SoloDL through the unit (i.e. without whipping out a laptop).
Bingo!

I think they'll do this on a future fw update. At least, I hope they do. That would be great!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 07-23-2012, 10:36 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Lolaman
You can do that, but now I just turn down the internal microphone on the SC to about a third (default is full blast). I sold NJ-GT and others the external mic CAN cord and do stock those.
my smartycam sits on harness bar which sits on rear strut mounts.
with all solid monoball arms all you hear at any volume from smartycam internal mic is clank and bang from all that metal in suspension.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:29 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,237 Likes on 1,856 Posts

Good to know. Thanks, Paul.

Quick Reply: Aim configuration - shoot holes in it please