Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Joined the dark side. Traded my .1 RS for this.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 01:49 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gorgeous! When you've got a few track miles under your belt, please share your thoughts on how it compares to the GT3. I think Rad has done a great job of marketing the virtues of the Scud and it's definitely on my radar for my next car.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:43 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Replace the 5 years old heat cycled out Pirelli Corsa with fresh tires. Get the car aligned, all Fiats come with messed up alignment. Replace brake fluid, replace brake pads, then hit the track.

Any car with wrong tires and ill alignment can be tail happy. The Scuderia is the opposite, it understeers too much, tail happy never. This is one of the reason why the F430 and 458 race cars move to a massively bigger front wheel and tire, because the car understeers way too much.

Camber shims are available in 0.5mm, 1mm, 2mm, 3mm, 4mm, 7mm sizes.

Clear Bra or ruin the paint. Drop the SUV ride height.

Run with nannies, and kill the diff, the brakes, and the clutch. Man up, turn all nannies off, go faster, and car will thank you.

Wait another year, sell the Scuderia for the same money you bought it, and buy a 4.0RS for less money than the Scuderia.

Install Capristo headers with insulation jackets, or get fire insurance.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:57 AM
tlarocque
Three Wheelin'

Received 70 Likes on 34 Posts

Like the new avatar, Rad.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:05 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Replace the 5 years old heat cycled out Pirelli Corsa with fresh tires. Get the car aligned, all Fiats come with messed up alignment. Replace brake fluid, replace brake pads, then hit the track.

Any car with wrong tires and ill alignment can be tail happy. The Scuderia is the opposite, it understeers too much, tail happy never. This is one of the reason why the F430 and 458 race cars move to a massively bigger front wheel and tire, because the car understeers way too much.

Run with nannies, and kill the diff, the brakes, and the clutch. Man up, turn all nannies off, go faster, and car will thank you.

Wait another year, sell the Scuderia for the same money you bought it, and buy a 4.0RS for less money than the Scuderia.

lol

at least its the 1 stop shop for new Ferrari owners "what to pre-fix on your car" guide

the fire safety stuff is probably pretty useful
Old 06-12-2012, 06:12 AM
CT944
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

Great color combo, congrats.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:22 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

It's stunning! Congrats!! Agree with you- The F1 superfast transmission is out of this world. If Porsche had it, no one would miss the MT. The valved exhaust is pretty sweet as well IMO, although I think the RS sounded great too. Do you plan to track it much? Enjoy!!

Last edited by scott40; 06-12-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:42 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts

At grave risk of marginalizing my allegiance to all things Porsche, I have to say the Scud is one hell of a track car and probably the ONLY car that offers (at least) as much fun as a GT3 on the track. Properly aligned and CST-off the car is a dream around mid/high-speed tracks. Nannies want the car to push but the moment you kill everything it handles very neutral. Gearshifts, while visceral, has this feeling of precision whether up or down (when I say precision, drive any Gallardo and you'll understand what's so special about the Scud's F1). And that soundtrack... ooo....

I couldn't vouch for reliability, but from a use perspective it's massively enjoyable. For the fun factor alone I'll pick the Scud over a 458 any day for our type of use.

I eagerly await whatever's in the works for the 458 generation, CS, Scud, whatever it's called... then again, I have a pact with my wife that she'll get a boat before I get a Ferrari... That risk of financial ruin should keep me straight in the Porsche camp for a while...
Old 06-12-2012, 08:52 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Very nice Ken. Sorry to see the RS go
Old 06-12-2012, 09:03 AM
SH || NC
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Incredible. Interior shots?
Old 06-12-2012, 10:37 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome car
I really like the color

Congratulations!
Old 06-12-2012, 10:53 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Are you going to take it to the track!? Not really I hope.

Just get the Fiat out of your system, we probably all have to go there once.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:12 AM
datax
Burning Brakes

Thanks gents! I plan to take it easy and get her out on track as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by RSRanger
Down right stunning. The color combo is really special.
What MY is it?
Enjoy

Ranger (Sua Sponte)
At first, I was looking for a Corsa then after seeing a black Daytona at RM Auctions website, I felt that black Fiats aren't too bad at all. And Black/Gold is sorta resemble the old school theme as I've seen some 73 911Ts in Black/Gold combo. Btw, it's an 08.

Originally Posted by sanchezdds
Beautiful car! By the way, I am contemplating a 16M as my next car:-)
16M is no joke. I'd get it in a heart beat if I have means to their asking prices.

Originally Posted by jenk12m
Congrats and enjoy

I know rad is smiling from ear to ear right now
Haha... I've sent multiple PMs to him during last 3 months. Him and I had pretty similar car history from 996 GT3 to 7.1 RS to Scud now. But, I still dream for 4.0 RS tho.

Originally Posted by Jon70
I saw the car this weekend and it looks incredible. Ken, I'd rather have a scuderia over a 4.0 RS.
It was great meeting you last weekend, Jon. Hope to see you around! You sounds like you're also on an edge for Scud or CS. Let me know if I can share with what I figured during my search. I was so close to buying this CS up in Utah.

Originally Posted by dsu*
congrats on the new machine. .1 RS is gone?
Yup, traded in the RS.

Getting her align and ordering MPSS in few weeks. Shall I wait for you to sell me your extra set of RS19/29s or can you tell me good place to order those? I plan to install the insulation jackets also. We'll talk more later, Rad. Thanks a lot for being patient and answering my PMs.

Originally Posted by scott40
It's stunning! Congrats!! Agree with you- The F1 superfast transmission is out of this world. If Porsche had it, no one would miss the MT. The valved exhaust is pretty sweet as well IMO, although I think the RS sounded great too. Do you plan to track it much? Enjoy!!
I plan to do only few events a year for now. That gearbox is simply a work of god like. Those little kicks it from shifts are absolutely addicting and feel so much more visceral than dual clutch systems.

Originally Posted by LVDell
Very nice Ken. Sorry to see the RS go
Thanks Dell! You should have bought it when you had a chance! Hope to see you again at Zone 2 next year.

Originally Posted by SH || NC
Incredible. Interior shots?
iPhone pictures attached. It's nothing special really... a lot of carbons and exposed metals.
Attached Images    
Old 06-12-2012, 11:28 AM
brim
Rennlist Member

Sweet ride, congrats!
Old 06-12-2012, 03:27 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Are you going to take it to the track!? Not really I hope.

Just get the Fiat out of your system, we probably all have to go there once.
Or twice
Old 06-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good info!

OP, Rad knows his Fiats!!!

Quick Reply: Joined the dark side. Traded my .1 RS for this.