Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

LTB: Track-prepped `997.2 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 02:17 PM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 150 Likes on 45 Posts

It's tough for me to do a transaction with a friend in a zero-sum scenario. My friend Charlie is as good as people come and I gave him a deal notably lower than my replacement cost. But that's what made me happy - he's been a great friend.

My wife is laughing at me now. She told me to keep the GT3 until we move. Then I told her that Charlie would only drive the GT3 in the few sunny months of the year in Vancouver. So, I wanted him to enjoy the car now versus a year from now. He was kind enough to be completely flexible on timing. I am not one to go back on a deal and he is very happy with the car. Here's a video I made for him on his first trackday at the Ridge last Friday:

I put my faith in karma now. I will know from the counter party regarding his GT3 RS before tomorrow's end. Price is worked out, but now he needs to decide if he is ready to let it go.

*crossing my fingers*
Old 05-01-2012, 04:06 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Stephen - sorry to hear...how about buy back your GT3?

Ed - I have driven Ryojo's 993TT with Motons and know how it behaves.
So no go on the car swap
Old 05-02-2012, 08:51 PM
911guy
Intermediate

Gentlemen - my first post! I have been a lurker for quite a few years and have learned a lot from this forum. This past weekend at The Ridge I met a few fellow Rennlisters which I did not recognize at the time. I met Stephen, Tim and Ryojo. Good time was had by all. This is my fourth season tracking my GT3. It is a 2007 that I bought new. I started out with a stock car year one and by last year it had morphed into an exclusive track car that gets towed. I started going Pacific Raceway and Portland and last year added ORP with the Porsche Train guys and Don Kitch. The car has evolved with Cheyne and Bernie having added various sundry parts. This is an addictive past time!

Nice to meet you all and hope to see you again soon. I am at ORP in May. Signed up for all five events.

Here is a gratuitous photo of my beast at The Ridge....

Cheers,

Steve

PS: Stephen....good luck with your purchase.
Attached Images  
Old 05-02-2012, 09:52 PM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 150 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome Steve! Super picture!

Great to see you here on RL. It's a fantastic resource and solid community of enthusiasts. Your car looks awesome and glad to see you make the trip from the island.

You were a witness when I was driving my old 997.2 GT3 for those few laps when seller's remorse started to overwhelm me.

I have just wired a deposit for the car and things are looking good.

Can't wait to be able to join you guys back on the track. My June - Sept will be quite flexible and I certainly intend to drive until my heart's content!
Old 05-02-2012, 10:48 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by 911guy
Gentlemen - my first post! I have been a lurker for quite a few years and have learned a lot from this forum. This past weekend at The Ridge I met a few fellow Rennlisters which I did not recognize at the time. I met Stephen, Tim and Ryojo. Good time was had by all. This is my fourth season tracking my GT3. It is a 2007 that I bought new. I started out with a stock car year one and by last year it had morphed into an exclusive track car that gets towed. I started going Pacific Raceway and Portland and last year added ORP with the Porsche Train guys and Don Kitch. The car has evolved with Cheyne and Bernie having added various sundry parts. This is an addictive past time!

Nice to meet you all and hope to see you again soon. I am at ORP in May. Signed up for all five events.

Here is a gratuitous photo of my beast at The Ridge....

Cheers,

Steve

PS: Stephen....good luck with your purchase.

One owner 997.1! Excellent!
Nice to see another British Californian on the Rennlist! Welcome!

B.C has a quite the GT3 community going on nowadays. Love it.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:55 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
British Californian
California?

With all the drugs produced in BC we truely are the British colony of Columbia
Old 05-03-2012, 12:02 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthVan
California?

With all the drugs produced in BC we truely are the British colony of Columbia

excellent point.

The drugs of columbia and the real estate of california make it one interesting place!
Old 05-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthVan
So no go on the car swap
You know how scared I was each time I followed you when you were drifting your car on the highway...

Steve, welcome to Rennlist! We had great fun chasing each other at Ridge last weekend. Ryojo and I plan to be there again on June 3rd.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:21 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
You know how scared I was each time I followed you when you were drifting your car on the highway...:eek
So, that is a no then.

BTW, haven't done any of that in the GT3...yet

Quick Reply: LTB: Track-prepped `997.2 GT3 RS