Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Help! Installing Recaro Seat Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 07:15 PM
BartN (TX)
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Help! Installing Recaro Seat Problem

I'm right in the middle of installing my new Recaro seat and am following the excellent DIY instructions posted by Carrera Mike. I've come across a problem installing the right hand seatbelt receptacle.

My seat bracket has a different style mounting hole/nut than the DIY one does. It 'appears' that the 6 point Porsche harnesses I purchased has a flush ring end with tabs that will allow the original receptacle tab to nest into it and then both are bolted to the seat bracket. All seemed perfect until I realized that the existing seat bolt is too short to accommodate that.

First of all, am I correct in assuming that's the way it should be mounted (see picture below)?

The belts I received from Suncoast came with some hardware but I believe it's for the left side of the car where I now have a roll bar. There was no replacement bolt of greater length than stock. Shouldn't there have been one? Otherwise it can't see how it can work with sourcing another bolt. And if I'm supposed to get my own, where can I get one in a hurry since now my car is disabled?

Any and all help appreciated!
Attached Images   
Old 04-07-2012, 07:48 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/9320903-post3.html
Old 04-07-2012, 09:04 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

If you want to use standard belts too you could get brey Krause quick release http://www.bkauto.com/porsche/instructions/R-9003.pdf

Other side part number is 9001. They will have bolts and washers in the kit.
You need to have Snap- in ends on your belts
Old 04-07-2012, 10:19 PM
BartN (TX)
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

My belts, which were made for the Porsche, have the ring ends that are permanently mounted.

I'm hopeful that the inboard belt can be fixed by finding a longer bolt. The outboard side is mounted to the roll bar.

Any idea where I could find a hardened bolt like the 17mm being used now. I don't believe the big box stores are going to have it.

Quick Reply: Help! Installing Recaro Seat Problem