Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Installing Recaro Seat and Harnesses and have simple questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 10:54 AM
BartN (TX)
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Installing Recaro Seat and Harnesses and have simple questions

I'm installing a Recaro Profi XL on the driver's side of my .1 GT3. I'm leaving the passenger seat stock because my wife has no desire to sit in the uncomfortable race seat every time we go somewhere in it.

I've got the sub-belt bar mounted on the seat frame and need to install the lower straps. The lower staps are sewn in a way that they have an 'elbow' built into them. Do these straps cross when the go down to the bar from the buckle? Or does do they simple go straight down?

Also, I assume you test fit the lower belt before installing in the car because of the difficult access you'd have once in, correct? Where should the buckle fall on your lap? As low as possible on your hips?

Finally, I read a lot on this forum about some of the software changes that are necessary for the eliminating the chime and AWL. Is the AWL an issue when only the driver's side is being changed and leaving the passenger side intact? Will anything I do to support the drivers side changes disable safety devices on the passenger side?

Thanks for any help and all the information I've already been able to gleen from this forum.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:15 AM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

no cross -straight down

lap belt to the pelvic bone (hard points are safe) ; anti sub belts are there to prevent injuries by stopping the lap belts rising into your soft tissue above.

Seat properly, adjust the lap belts on the hard pelvic point and that will determine the anti sub's location and length. Not the other way around.

No matter what you do with the lights and buzzers , airbags, belt tensioners etc will deploy.

Belts are the one thing that will keep you alive if something goes wrong. If (after reading the manufacturer's instructions) you are still unsure about the quality or function of the installation, ask for an expert's advice. I am not one.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:53 AM
BartN (TX)
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

Thanks John. That's very helpful. I'm very relieved to har the airbags will still deploy regardless of software changes.

Quick Reply: Installing Recaro Seat and Harnesses and have simple questions