Brake Pedal Went soft

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 05:51 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by taffin
just got a quote from the local race shop.

they quoted me on PRF660, which form a quick web search reveals it as AP Racing which makes sense as they sell AP stuff.

Is it ok to use this? I have read certain fluid damage the seals on the GT3??
I am using it. Its fine so far. Not sure about the seals - I am running SS lines so wouldn't know. My pedal started a bit soft but now has gotten a lot harder. Not really sure.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:10 AM
taffin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bmardini
I am using it. Its fine so far. Not sure about the seals - I am running SS lines so wouldn't know. My pedal started a bit soft but now has gotten a lot harder. Not really sure.
going to MSW this week
Old 03-18-2012, 09:46 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
If you use a Motiv be sure that you keep track of how much fluid is in the brake reservoir. If not you may introduce air into the system and it will then be a pain to get it out. Some people put fluid into the Motive tank and some just fill the brake reservoir to the top and pressurize with the Motiv.

Something that I found useful is to use a turkey baster to extract the current fluid in the brake reservoir to the minimum fluid level mark on the reservoir and discard it. I then extract the remainder into the bottle I use for catching the fluid when I flush. Once that fluid is in the bottle I draw a line around the fluid level. I then fill the brake reservoir to the top and attach the Motiv empty. When the drain bottle hits the marked line I stop and refill the brake reservoir. It should be nearly impossible to ever introduce air into your system following this procedure. When you stop there will be the amount of fluid from the min line to the top of the reservoir in the brake reservoir.

Sorry if this is a bit wordy.
Alan
Do you need to add more to the reservoir after that? What order do you use on the calipers?
Old 03-18-2012, 11:27 AM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scott40
Alan
Do you need to add more to the reservoir after that? What order do you use on the calipers?
I just add about 1.25 litres of new fluid to the Motiv, then I push through about .25 litres to each corner. I have a used juice container that has been marked of at .25 litres, .5, .75, and 1. I start with he passengers rear, hen drivers rear, passenger front and then driver front.

Quick Reply: Brake Pedal Went soft