Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sebring coverage BLOWS

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 12:16 AM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Leh, Great result for you and the team. I have to ask: What times could a well set up 4.0 turn ,with you driving, at Sebring? All the Best. Hope to see you at CMP. Allan
Old 03-18-2012, 12:25 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Kingleh

Well setup onslicks, I bet 2:13 or better.
Stock hardware, corner balance, allignment, springs (progressive suck), LSD with a day of small adjustments maybe 2:11........

Lets DO IT

Please....
Old 03-18-2012, 12:30 AM
lopro
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://yfrog.com/user/AndyLally/photos

https://twitter.com/#!/pLmotorsport

https://twitter.com/#!/JoeyHandRacing

https://twitter.com/#!/almsnotes
Old 03-18-2012, 01:46 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
There's a bunch of us who are blocked from ESPN3 and ALMS.com because our ISPs don't have an agreement with ESPN. That's the worst part of this new deal. If they wanted maximum viewership they wouldn't say Comcast customers can watch the stream but Qwest customers can't. They've blocked all the offshore sites to US viewers as well. They've wrapped it up really tight so nobody can watch it who doesn't have the right ISP.
Yep...I could watch the race either...Road Runner kept saying I was not auth'd!

Honestly, I'm sick of ALMS...I didnlt even watch much of any of the races last year...they make it way to hard to be a fan. F 'em!
Old 03-18-2012, 09:02 AM
cbweaver1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ALMS site works perfectly over here (Deutschland). What's the deal with the US and its BS producers? We watched the entire race from Munich and that was one of the best GT battles I've ever seen--last lap rivaling Melo/Bergmeister all over again but this time the F got what it deserved. Really too bad we couldn't have a Porsche in the mix...how much longer until the 991 Cup shows up? Joey Hand was incredible, so excited to see him running in DTM over here soon. And then Australian F1 only three hours later what a night.......
Old 03-18-2012, 09:08 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

Watched the majority of it on ESPN3 streamed to my iPad. It worked well.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:55 PM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Hooked up the laptop to the tv and watched most of the race. Picture was great. I suspect ALMS wants a "ground swell" of people complaining to their cable companies to start " covering" ALMS.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 535 Posts

I've started watching the Australian V8 races. Good coverage and I don't have to fool with ESPN3 or delayed and edited coverage. I like ALMS but I don't want to fool with the current viewing situation in my area. Someone is wasting their advertising dollars.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,855 Likes on 961 Posts

Watched ABC coverage today. Thought they did a modestly better job than last year. They even showed a few seconds of the IMSA Patron race (although they did spell Fernando Pena's name incorrectly)....
Old 03-19-2012, 12:46 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by brake dust
Hooked up the laptop to the tv and watched most of the race. Picture was great. I suspect ALMS wants a "ground swell" of people complaining to their cable companies to start " covering" ALMS.
It's an ESPN thing, not an ALMS thing. We had the same issue with World Cup soccer. And when you enter an ISP that's not on your list, what happens? They link you to an email address to write a complaint to your ISP. It's a set up. I've clicked out of it a couple of times and haven't complained to my ISP. Instead, I go find a direct email link to ESPN3's email and send them a complaint email. Guess what happens then? Nothing. Not even an acknowledgment that I sent them an email. I've sent about half a dozen emails in the last few years and every single one of them has been flattly ignored by ESPN.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:00 PM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I've sent about half a dozen emails in the last few years and every single one of them has been flattly ignored by ESPN
Would suggst that you direct it to your cable company (although it would take a large number of complaints for them to act - like NFL Network football being blacked out in a local market)
Old 03-19-2012, 04:45 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by brake dust
Would suggst that you direct it to your cable company (although it would take a large number of complaints for them to act - like NFL Network football being blacked out in a local market)
That's not going to do me a damn bit of good. I get cable through Direct TV. My cable has nothing to do with ESPN3 because they are not my ISP. My ISP is Qwest/Century Link.

I think I'll keep doing what I've been doing. ESPN is the problem. They are missing out on veiwers because of their policies.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Einsteiger
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

ALL of this is why I am a GrandAm Rolex fan and not an AMLS fan. If you can't watch it, why try to follow it? I may change my mind if my cable provider signs up for ESPN3, but that won't likely be for another year, as they are being acquired by another cable company.

Good bye and good riddance AMLS. Cut a deal with the SPEEDTV folks and we'll welcome you back.

Quick Reply: Sebring coverage BLOWS