Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
All trying to follow the all grey with silver wheels
of course, that is the lone star here.
Old 03-14-2012 | 10:38 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

updates

Woke up this morning to a flat tire. Ran over a staple last night going to 7-11 for Kodiak. Autozone for cheap lighter powered air pump. Worked good enough to drive 20 minutes to Intersport. Tire is trash, ordered pair of new rears. Damnit. Bad start.

Dropped it off with Charlie Murphy at Intersport in Tysons Corner, Virginia today. Seems car has a bent rear tie-rod. So ordered new ones and tomorrow going on lift to adjust suspension similar to my GT3. Ordered 2 sets BBS and 3 sets R6. Also had delivered from OGRacing new PFC slotted front rotors and 2 sets all around pads PFC 08 - went on car today. All fluids flushed/new.

Went over to Ryan's mansion, got the tour and his BBS/R6 since I don't have any BBS yet. Thanks Ryan (too bad you have to work, really would have enjoyed chasing you around VIR this weekend).

From OGRacing picked up a GoPro video camera. Since all our **** is in Florida we got new helmets, gloves and shoes. From Walmart got an iPhone holder so I can run Harrys Lap Timer and 4 memory cards for GoPro. Then a trip to Sears - jacks, stands, tool kit, compressor, etc. etc. etc. Stupid AMEX did a security "hold" - had to call to confirm all the charges - PITA.

On tooltopia I ordered another big torque wrench $351... then hours later it hit me!!!!!! Fauk! Changed order at BBS - switched to 5-lug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow will place Suncoast order for 5-lug conversion kit. No more center lock!!!!

Last edited by GT3DE; 03-14-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-14-2012 | 10:56 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Originally Posted by GT3DE
updates

Woke up this morning to a flat tire. Ran over a staple last night going to 7-11 for Kodiak. Autozone for cheap lighter powered air pump. Worked good enough to drive 20 minutes to Intersport. Tire is trash, ordered pair of new rears. Damnit. Bad start.

Dropped it off with Charlie Murphy at Intersport in Tysons Corner, Virginia today. Seems car has a bent rear tie-rod. So ordered new ones and tomorrow going on lift to adjust suspension similar to my GT3. Ordered 2 sets BBS and 3 sets R6. Also had delivered from OGRacing new PFC slotted front rotors and 2 sets all around pads PFC 08 - went on car today. All fluids flushed/new.

Went over to Ryan's mansion, got the tour and his BBS/R6 since I don't have any BBS yet. Thanks Ryan (too bad you have to work, really would have enjoyed chasing you around VIR this weekend).

From OGRacing picked up a GoPro video camera. Since all our **** is in Florida we got new helmets, gloves and shoes. From Walmart got an iPhone holder so I can run Harrys Lap Timer and 4 memory cards for GoPro. Then a trip to Sears - jacks, stands, tool kit, compressor, etc. etc. etc. Stupid AMEX did a security "hold" - had to call to confirm all the charges - PITA.

On tooltopia I ordered another big torque wrench $351... then hours later it hit me!!!!!! Fauk! Changed order at BBS - switched to 5-lug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow will place Suncoast order for 5-lug conversion kit. No more center lock!!!!
HOLY SMOKES!
Old 03-14-2012 | 10:57 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

This- for the win!
Old 03-14-2012 | 11:00 PM
Terry L
Rennlist Member

Clark, you are one busy car dude. CU at VIR.
Old 03-14-2012 | 11:26 PM
jenk12m
Banned

busy isnt the word and how are you bringing all 3 cars to road america
Old 03-14-2012 | 11:33 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Wow Clarke, big day. You have two of each now...
You changing all to 5 lug? Why change?

Mike Sly will drive the 2nd car in a lower group I suppose.

I'll enjoy chasing Gavin, to bad you all will be on cheater r6..
You been to RA? Gavin is going to LOVE it!
Old 03-14-2012 | 11:37 PM
jenk12m
Banned

yea i know sly will drive her car in a lower run group. i was asking how is he getting the cars there with a 2 car trailer?

i can see clarke buying a 3 car stacker, lol.
Old 03-14-2012 | 11:53 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

updates

Sorry, but I just have to

Originally Posted by jenk12m
yea i know sly will drive her car in a lower run group. i was asking how is he getting the cars there with a 2 car trailer?

i can see clarke buying a 3 car stacker, lol.
No, no V V V

I told Gavin that I will be hauling both my GT3 and GT3RS in the rig and he is welcome to use one in the Advanced run groups as Sly runs in next next group down (less advanced?). I will put Gavin in the GT3 and me in RS and try my damnedest to keep up with Gavin!!! I dont think 1" of rubber and 15hp is enough though.
Old 03-14-2012 | 11:59 PM
drdrank
Racer

bought Orbit's big rig?...and covered logos in duct tape, of course
Old 03-15-2012 | 12:05 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

I believe if money no object why bother with 5 lug conversion ?
Old 03-15-2012 | 08:22 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Originally Posted by jenk12m
busy isnt the word and how are you bringing all 3 cars to road america
Just the GT3 and the RS. Will leave '77 at home. Sly will drive one of GT3's.
Old 03-15-2012 | 08:24 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
You changing all to 5 lug? Why change?

Mike Sly will drive the 2nd car in a lower group I suppose.

I'll enjoy chasing Gavin, to bad you all will be on cheater r6..
You been to RA? Gavin is going to LOVE it!
5-lug much easier to manage in pits. One person job. Battery operated impact gun.

Yes, Sly in a GT3.

Bring me some RA1 and I will put those on the RS to make it fair
Old 03-15-2012 | 08:26 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
I believe if money no object why bother with 5 lug conversion ?
ease of use.
Old 03-15-2012 | 09:07 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

updates

Think it, do it. I like it.

Quick Reply: in the Suburbs of Chicago 03.12.12