Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

passenger airbag light issue...again

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by The Beanster
I had my local stealership take care of this and they did not have to calibrate it. They told me they only had to turn off a setting on the seat called "transport" mode.

Cost: $115 (for precisely 82 seconds of labor)
DAMMIT! how did i not find that in a search (or learn from the numerous techs i talked to)??? when i get the car back, i will see if i even have that ability with the Dura. and report back if it works.

Originally Posted by maxbhp
How much of a PIA is the manual overide key to purchase and install? I would like to have that seems to be the only way to make sure I have the flexibility to take my kids with me or not.
it was a little over $1k IIRC back in '06 when i bought the car new. not sure how much they charge now or how involved it is. it prob isnt that difficult but anytime you're fooling with airbag wires, i hear it can be tricky.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:09 PM
maxbhp
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Going to Pacific Porsche in Torrance Saturday to see what they can do. They think some coding should do the trick, I'm hoping it's as easy as the transport mode being turned off.

Thanks for all the help guys and I'll post an update this weekend.
Car is currently at Lucci Elite getting paint correction, Friday it will be at Ultimate Shield getting clearbra, and waiting for the FVD front mesh to arrive and get that installed.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by maxbhp
Going to Pacific Porsche in Torrance Saturday to see what they can do. They think some coding should do the trick, I'm hoping it's as easy as the transport mode being turned off.

Thanks for all the help guys and I'll post an update this weekend.
Car is currently at Lucci Elite getting paint correction, Friday it will be at Ultimate Shield getting clearbra, and waiting for the FVD front mesh to arrive and get that installed.
good luck and please report back with any info that may shed light on a final resolve to the airbag issue!
Old 04-11-2021, 03:05 PM
SDCLTD
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spiffyjiff:

- Thank you! Your advice was 'Spot On' and eliminated the need to visit the Dealer. [In fact, when I spoke to them, they'd never heard of the issue.]
- I knew there was a way to solve this issue after I installed the GT2 Carbon Fiber Seats in my MY2012 997.2 Turbo S.
- The light never came ON the Instrument Cluster [except for the 'Self Check'] but the Passenger Seat Airbag light was 'Self Check, then stay ON. It drove me crazy since I knew I had installed the new GT2 CF Seats correctly.
- I also disabled the Seat Belt Chime [on the same menu using the Durametric Pro], so when I used the 6 Point Harness it would stop the Chime. Wonderful!

Thanks, again, for your instructions & advice! Much Appreciated!

MY2012 997.2 Turbo S

Quick Reply: passenger airbag light issue...again