Old 02-22-2017, 11:55 AM
Jason @ Paragon Products
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by blackoutz
Do you have a part # for these. This sounds like a tempting option.

thank you
http://www.paragon-products.com/Pors...401-402.51.htm

Parts | Tech-Session | Facebook | Youtube

Jason Burkett
Paragon Products - Porsche Parts & Accessories*- 800.200.9366
Tech Session - Porsche Tech & Info*- 361.289.8834
jason@paragon-products.com
Old 02-27-2017, 09:46 AM
juanpablo046
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by johnwb
Totally agree.
DO NOT USE TRW WITH PCCB!

They work on the street but not on the track.

I had a code brown moment the first time I used them on the track. Literally no bite after one lap. I thought I was going to crash!

I chewed out my shop for installing them (supplier called them OEM). Fortunately, I had an old set of Pagid P40 at the track with me. But it pretty much ruined a weekend at the track since I didn't have enough pad on hand for the event. And scared the pants off of me.
Same thing. Fading on the first fast lap. I lost the day and money because of the crappy pads.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:51 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Either OEM pads or Pagid RSC pads - that is the choice range for sure!
Old 04-19-2017, 03:30 PM
longboarder
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig - RennStore.com
Either OEM pads or Pagid RSC pads - that is the choice range for sure!

Hi Craig, I'm looking for a pad on a heavier 997.2 Turbo S PCCB that is a street/track car so considering the Pagid - either the RS29's or RSC series (1,2 or 3). I don't want squeak because of the street duty. Which would you recommend? Thanks.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:44 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

RS29 not for PCCB - the RSC1 is the sole option for track pads and may make more noise than stock -(which is not known for silence anyway!) PM sent
Old 04-19-2017, 04:01 PM
longboarder
Pro

Originally Posted by Craig - RennStore.com
RS29 not for PCCB - the RSC1 is the sole option for track pads and may make more noise than stock -(which is not known for silence anyway!) PM sent

Thx for the quick reply Craig. My PCCB's don't squeak with stock pads and I would like to keep it that way as the car is mostly street and maybe will see the track 2 times per year. That said if the RSC-1's don't squeak I would prefer those to get a bit more performance than the stock pads. So...when you say they may make more noise, is it hit or miss on whether they squeak? Or do they definitely squeak? Thanks so much.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:20 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Correct, hit/miss on OEM as well...know for grinding and odd sounds from factory.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:07 PM
dak996
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

HELLO every body .. So what is the best pad`s for GT3 997.2 better than the OEM ?
Old 05-23-2017, 04:12 PM
longboarder
Pro

Pagid RSC-1's maybe. I just put them on yesterday. Got them from Craig. No squeak and stopping power is fantastic. I might have over done it on the bed-in as I got them smoking
Old 05-23-2017, 05:00 PM
Jason @ Paragon Products
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dak996
HELLO every body .. So what is the best pad`s for GT3 997.2 better than the OEM ?
Looks like you have steel rotors..is that correct? Street or Track use?
Old 08-03-2017, 05:06 PM
sixtyfiver
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 997.2 gt3 carbon ceramic clicking noise

Strange clicking noise during aggressive turn, Dealer states the springs on carbon ceramic rotors are making the noise, the rotors are two piece free floating pressed together with the springs. Porsche states it's not a safety issue so not under any type of warranty. Anyone else have this issue? Any fix for it?
Old 02-11-2021, 08:53 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by longboarder
Hi Craig, I'm looking for a pad on a heavier 997.2 Turbo S PCCB that is a street/track car so considering the Pagid - either the RS29's or RSC series (1,2 or 3). I don't want squeak because of the street duty. Which would you recommend? Thanks.
Hi,
Trying to determine the front rotor size for a 2011 Porsche 911 997.2 Turbo S for pccb rotor replacement.
Do you know if it's 380x34mm like 997.2 GT2/GT3 or 350x34mm.

https://racingbrake.com/997-05-12/

Thank you.
Old 01-28-2023, 03:07 PM
Redisc
Former Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Pccb rotor replacement, you can have them also refurbished.
So the process we are working on is pyrolysis using polymers, we coat the chopped fibers and fill up the air pockets that cause discs to be porous. Polymer is changed during the pyrolysis in ceramic. So the core of the discs is more resilient. What we do as well is to protect the outside of the disc (not the outside and inner edge) with oxy coating to prevent oxygen from entering the disc core. This process is very complicated and takes up to 30 days. Also was developed by an expert who knows very well how the production of CCB and CCM OEM is done and figured out how to improve them. So it not only re-coating but we work with the core of the disc.

So for those who are using OEMs, the upgrade on new discs or refurbishment on used ones is very recommendable, because it helps to extend the life span of OEM. Redisc has bought the whole technology from an inventor who now produces continuous strand carbon-ceramic discs for motorsport and now also makes discs for the car industry. Based on the knowledge the original company has, the is no doubt that the refurbishment process on CCB and CCM is on top of the quality. And we are working with them very closely to produce the best outcome for our service.

@
sixtyfiver Regarding the noise, there are different types of solution. Carbon ceramic brakes are made for track and on the street you need to try couple of times with hard braking.

PLease let me know if you have any questions.
Old 01-29-2023, 06:39 AM
fayraree
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Redisc
Pccb rotor replacement, you can have them also refurbished.
So the process we are working on is pyrolysis using polymers, we coat the chopped fibers and fill up the air pockets that cause discs to be porous. Polymer is changed during the pyrolysis in ceramic. So the core of the discs is more resilient. What we do as well is to protect the outside of the disc (not the outside and inner edge) with oxy coating to prevent oxygen from entering the disc core. This process is very complicated and takes up to 30 days. Also was developed by an expert who knows very well how the production of CCB and CCM OEM is done and figured out how to improve them. So it not only re-coating but we work with the core of the disc.

So for those who are using OEMs, the upgrade on new discs or refurbishment on used ones is very recommendable, because it helps to extend the life span of OEM. Redisc has bought the whole technology from an inventor who now produces continuous strand carbon-ceramic discs for motorsport and now also makes discs for the car industry. Based on the knowledge the original company has, the is no doubt that the refurbishment process on CCB and CCM is on top of the quality. And we are working with them very closely to produce the best outcome for our service.

@
sixtyfiver Regarding the noise, there are different types of solution. Carbon ceramic brakes are made for track and on the street you need to try couple of times with hard braking.

PLease let me know if you have any questions.
Hi, I’m very interested in getting a full set of CCB rotors (front and rear) for my 997.2 GT3. My car was originally spec’d with PCCB (yellow calipers) but previous owners swapped to steel for track duty. I will rarely (if ever) track and mainly be doing spirited drives.

I will PM you directly. Thank you!

Last edited by fayraree; 01-29-2023 at 08:46 AM.
Old 02-01-2023, 09:12 PM
rafter75
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi, on the 997.2 GT3s are the red calipers any different from the yellow PCCB calipers other than the color? Can I run PCCB rotors with my factory red calipers?

Quick Reply: PCCB & Cast iron Brakes / pads technical information