aero997c2s
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^Thank you sir
Old 02-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Terry L
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

History repeats itself. I have the AWE system which dispenses with the side mufflers and center piece as well, and which adds small cans after the replaced cats. According to AWE's dyne results, you don't lose power or torque anywhere and pick up 11 rwhp at max power, while you lose some weight (22lbs?) at the rear. It is still the best sounding system on power which I have heard. They designed it on the assumption that buyers would demand improved power and got their asses kicked by the cheaper systems which only added sound and reduced weight. I assume they are still making it and you should check it out.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:52 PM
lopro
Banned

indeed, lots of options!

supersprint seems to be one of the most inexpensive ways to go. If you look thru Izzones post above you'll see there are many options.

block off the stock center muffler with the little kit they have and remove the side mufflers with the elbows for around $900. really the Only thing with keeping the stock center muffler is you may run into a heat issue. Research is key.

http://www.supersprint.com/en/prod-c...d_and_kat.aspx

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/g...ade-italy.html

Last edited by lopro; 02-13-2012 at 06:21 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry L
History repeats itself. I have the AWE system which dispenses with the side mufflers and center piece as well, and which adds small cans after the replaced cats. According to AWE's dyne results, you don't lose power or torque anywhere and pick up 11 rwhp at max power, while you lose some weight (22lbs?) at the rear. It is still the best sounding system on power which I have heard. They designed it on the assumption that buyers would demand improved power and got their asses kicked by the cheaper systems which only added sound and reduced weight. I assume they are still making it and you should check it out.
AWE is good stuff

ive heard it

not as good sounding as akra

stock headers are very efficient, hard to beat
Old 02-13-2012, 05:39 AM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Sharkwerks Track Exhaust is my recommendation. For those that are curious how loud is loud, WOT you will scare people, but if you keep it between 2800-3200 RPMS, you can cruise around and easily have a conversation in the car or listen to the radio. Being this is not a daily driver for me, I like being able to get into the car and have that cup car sound, not to mention the weight reduction out back.

Cruising on the Highway. Wanted to demonstrate how liveable this exhaust is when you keep it between 2800-3200 rpms on the highway.

I can easily listen to my music driving down the freeway. Again, its all in how u drive it, yes there are times were its loud inside depending what rpm Im holding at, but if its at an rpm where the exhaust is particularly loud, ill just shift gears to put me out of that rpm range (usually down shift to bump the rpms up into the sweetspot u saw in the video). I know at the end of the day its all personal preference and what we consider tolerable, but for me I wouldnt put anything other then the track exhaust on.

2nd Gear Pull, shot from inside
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=qhS-_VpysBs

1st Gear Pull, shot from inside
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8Pca74_qozA

***I am not affiliated to Sharkwerks in any way, I am just trying to provide information for those considering exhaust options on the GT3. I know when I conducted my search there was not a lot of info on the track exhaust in particular other then people saying "Its Loud, get the bypass." So Im just trying to provide examples that hopefully help you in your decision making process. The videos I posted sound more realistic when heard through a good set of speakers, preferably with a sub-woofer. ***
Old 02-13-2012, 06:25 AM
lopro
Banned

http://www.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/99...tyle_Tips.html

FVD muffler with the PMNA side elbow is the best option in my opinion. M&M makes the cup exhaust. Just look at those engles exhaust tips, Pure cup.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Dan@SharkWerks
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

If you buy our track exhaust (used or new) I would recommend keeping the bypass pipe as a backup plan if you ever drive the car on the street or if you race at tracks with noise restrictions.

The track exhaust sounds great (you'll giggle every time you spin the engine up) but other than the 3000 RPMs "comfort zone" for cruising to and from tracks, I believe it's much too loud for most people. Feel free to call me at 510-651-0300 if you'd like a better description.
Phone: 510-651-0300
Email: dan@sharkwerks.com

SharkWerks' Latest Updates on Twitter
Old 02-13-2012, 03:10 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,621 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Fabspeed side delete with stock center

Cup side with block off plate and stock center

Quicksilver

Tubi side delete with stock center

Supersprint

Maybe a few more

Side mufflers have to go. They are giant heat sinks......no cups run them
Tubi side with a ctr bypass might be interesting, esp since tubi retains sport valving... ???
Old 02-13-2012, 04:19 PM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by bmwtye
Sharkwerks Track Exhaust is my recommendation. For those that are curious how loud is loud, WOT you will scare people, but if you keep it between 2800-3200 RPMS, you can cruise around and easily have a conversation in the car or listen to the radio. Being this is not a daily driver for me, I like being able to get into the car and have that cup car sound, not to mention the weight reduction out back.

Cruising on the Highway. Wanted to demonstrate how liveable this exhaust is when you keep it between 2800-3200 rpms on the highway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbU630eMwGY

I can easily listen to my music driving down the freeway. Again, its all in how u drive it, yes there are times were its loud inside depending what rpm Im holding at, but if its at an rpm where the exhaust is particularly loud, ill just shift gears to put me out of that rpm range (usually down shift to bump the rpms up into the sweetspot u saw in the video). I know at the end of the day its all personal preference and what we consider tolerable, but for me I wouldnt put anything other then the track exhaust on.

2nd Gear Pull, shot from inside
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=qhS-_VpysBs

1st Gear Pull, shot from inside
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8Pca74_qozA

***I am not affiliated to Sharkwerks in any way, I am just trying to provide information for those considering exhaust options on the GT3. I know when I conducted my search there was not a lot of info on the track exhaust in particular other then people saying "Its Loud, get the bypass." So Im just trying to provide examples that hopefully help you in your decision making process. The videos I posted sound more realistic when heard through a good set of speakers, preferably with a sub-woofer. ***
thanks for posting! I have not had a chance to listen yet but will as soon as I get home today.

Originally Posted by Dan@SharkWerks
If you buy our track exhaust (used or new) I would recommend keeping the bypass pipe as a backup plan if you ever drive the car on the street or if you race at tracks with noise restrictions.

The track exhaust sounds great (you'll giggle every time you spin the engine up) but other than the 3000 RPMs "comfort zone" for cruising to and from tracks, I believe it's much too loud for most people. Feel free to call me at 510-651-0300 if you'd like a better description.
Thanks! Having both isn't really an option now, but I do still have my stock pipe. I have barely driven the car on the street in the last 3-4 months, and don't imagine much street use coming up. I have two sets of wheels and need three (but that also isn't going to happen)! Seems like I need a minimum of two sets to manage my track tires, and a third for street tires. Also I got a ticket while towing a couple weekends ago and now I'm in purgatory for 18 months until I can get another one purged from my record. I had just got on the freeway, was doing some dicey merging with the trailer, getting up to speed, and adjusting my cruise control....and the cop said he got me doing 70. I explained I was just getting up to speed, merging, blah blah blah but he didn't care. Anyway, now I am terrified to drive my car on the street, even if I had a set of street tires mounted, which I don't....

Laguna has sound restrictions, Thunderhill too right? Where do you guys track without needing to deal with gagging your pipes?
Old 02-13-2012, 04:47 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,660 Likes on 771 Posts

I got the steel OEM Snowboarder54 special :-)
Just side can delete (cracked) with CUP connection pipes.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:28 PM
lopro
Banned

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Tubi side with a ctr bypass might be interesting, esp since tubi retains sport valving... ???
good eye on this larry cable, Having the side flap is the best of both worlds it would seem. Dropping the weight of the sides but also having the flap to quiet the thing down when at places where they stand around doing sound control. That is lame

I dont even understand how the farreri's get away with the noise at these places. that is beyond me, frusterating to say the least.

a person goes to the track because he cant enjoy his car on the street and then at the track they tell him he cant enjoy his car. WHAT THE F... oh sorry im yelling and there is a noise restriction I should quiet down.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:08 AM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Do you know anyone running that setup or seen any videos of it? And I'm sure someone can make those tubi side pipes for less then 2500 bucks

Quick Reply: Sharkwerks track exhaust?