Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Wheel recommendations for 997.1 RS

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012 | 04:28 PM
TraqGear
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Wide body, easy: 255/335 x 18 R6 and 8.5/12 x18 OZ Allegerittas.

For street use (not Hoosier, but street driving), I can't justify the need for a 2nd set of wheels, stick to stock wheels and stock size tires. If you need tires (street use) dump the MPSC and get MPSS.

If you're looking for a 2nd set of wheels for track use, and plan on running R6, go 18", given the long gearing in the 997.1, 19" will make the car slower (higher CG and smaller size tires on R6).

If you feel like pushing the envelope, and very few do, 285/335 on 18x10 and 18x12 fit as well, with proper offset, fender rolling required, fender pushing required too, plus 2 other minor tricks.
Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
Nj gt is my RS yoda
Hence my running the 255/335 R6 on 18s

Works well...
Excellent, thanks guys!!
Old 02-07-2012 | 05:13 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
wide body or narrow body?

anyway, 18" OZ Allegeritta with 255/315 R6 (NB) or 255/335 (WB)
I agree, but Tire Rack has repeatedly told me that 18" allegerita don't clear PCCB equipped cars, otherwise I'd be buying a set. Has someone actually test fitted to confirm?

Othwerwise, I recommend 18" CCW's. I just ordered another set of C14's on Monday. 9"/12" w/ RS offsets (ET50 front/rear). Sucks they are almost twice as expensive as the OZ's, but there isn't anything else out there in that price range for a forged wheel.

Last edited by Mvez; 02-07-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-07-2012 | 05:17 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
Nj gt is my RS yoda
Hence my running the 255/335 R6 on 18s

Works well...
Yes it does.

I'm too cheap for Hoho's, but rode in another local MK1 RS with this tire setup on 18" Allegeritas, and it felt awesome on track. ALOT more grip than my 5 year old RA1's, 305's at that....lol.
Old 02-07-2012 | 09:19 PM
lopro
Banned

zbbo730 Hows it going buddy, Have not seen you online in a few

Hows the new car treating you bud? Lets see some pics in back in black post.
Ive been looking for ya. waiting on your pics. I had my eye on a raptor just like your the other day
Nice trucks, I was thinking of getting the red one. Still thinking about it but not sure yet
anyways, hope your well
Old 02-08-2012 | 11:38 AM
TraqGear
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by lopro
zbbo730 Hows it going buddy, Have not seen you online in a few

Hows the new car treating you bud? Lets see some pics in back in black post.
Ive been looking for ya. waiting on your pics. I had my eye on a raptor just like your the other day
Nice trucks, I was thinking of getting the red one. Still thinking about it but not sure yet
anyways, hope your well
Hey lopro! Been good my friend...just busy with school. I almost have all the parts to do the RS with, but the end plates. No one has them, aftermarket anyway. OEM is WAY too expensive. So, I'm sending the OEM's to Getty and he will make some and still save a bundle. I will keep you posted. Loving the Raptor BTW. Will post some pics of it as well when I'm finished with the RS. I'm slow though..school is absorbing my time. Red Raptors are awesome!
Old 02-08-2012 | 11:40 AM
TraqGear
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mvez
Yes it does.

I'm too cheap for Hoho's, but rode in another local MK1 RS with this tire setup on 18" Allegeritas, and it felt awesome on track. ALOT more grip than my 5 year old RA1's, 305's at that....lol.
I'm feelin ya on this one. I may just stick to stock sizes and go for the ultra OZ set up and do 305 R888's. Would love to run hoosiers, but I can't see spending so much extra cash for a couple events/year on the track. Or, I may just try the hoo hoo's on the ultras when I get them.
Old 02-08-2012 | 12:39 PM
lopro
Banned

right on, im happy to hear your doing well and things are working in your favor.

Thats great. I am not sure if you looked in the classified, I have searched thru there a few times this past week and I keep seeing ads for 997.1 wheels. So many of them infact. Lots of great deals and choice in there at the moment. Maybe you might want to just check it out. It would be nice to see you land maybe 2 sets or near two for the price of buying NEW.

I think im going to take a test drive in this Raptor this week. Yours has inspired me to take a closer look at them. Great looking truck. Cant wait to see what your cooking up with the RS. Good luck in school.
Old 02-08-2012 | 12:55 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by lopro
right on, im happy to hear your doing well and things are working in your favor.

Thats great. I am not sure if you looked in the classified, I have searched thru there a few times this past week and I keep seeing ads for 997.1 wheels. So many of them infact. Lots of great deals and choice in there at the moment. Maybe you might want to just check it out. It would be nice to see you land maybe 2 sets or near two for the price of buying NEW.

I think im going to take a test drive in this Raptor this week. Yours has inspired me to take a closer look at them. Great looking truck. Cant wait to see what your cooking up with the RS. Good luck in school.
Agreed, I picked up RonCT's Volks for a pretty good price, and they look new...good enough for some track work

Quick Reply: Wheel recommendations for 997.1 RS