Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

A few pics from coffee this morning........

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 09:16 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jason952
can you post a few other pics of the garage, I like the way you have things arranged....great wagon too!
Thanks! Sorry, I haven't taken any more pics of the garage since I did the cabinet install. I'll try and snap some next weekend and post back.

Originally Posted by jenk12m
I'm loving the e39 wagon as well
It's going to be VERY HARD to let it go when we decide to get something else. It's just a great looking (and bulletproof) wagon and quite rare to boot.

Now get healthy so we can hear about your trip to Hawaii this time next year!

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Love the garage and cars! The GT3 is stunning. Some great roads nearby too, perfect for short weekend drives. Get out there and drive it!

Just out of curiosity, what is the ceiling height in your garage? We didn't see many three car garages when we were down there and I'm thinking a 4 post lift could be a great solution.
Garage is 13 foot high. We are in the heart of Cary (Preston area) and it's virtually impossible to find a 3 car garage in this area. You have to move to some of the less sought after areas to get 3 car garages. If you do find a 3 car garage near where we are, then you paying 7 figures and have more square feet than you could want. We have 3500 sq feet and I feel at times it is too much. Heck, there are NO 3 car garage homes in our neighborhood and some of the homes are pushing 6000 sq feet! Since we wanted this area over all else, we decided to give up the 3rd stall. Having a ceiling that would accommodate a lift helped make the decision easier. We can get to downtown Raleigh in 15 min, Durham in 20, and Chapel Hill in 30. Move any direction away from where we are and those times increase dramatically (as does the traffic).

With that said, we are always thinking about moving as we really want a 3 car garage. The problem is (a) they are hard to find in this area; (b) we don't want to move again; we really have just about everything we want in a house; and (c) the house is worth a lot less than we paid for it when we built 5 years ago and that is a hard pill to swallow.

Last edited by LVDell; 01-30-2012 at 08:53 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-29-2012, 11:26 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cary 805 se ftw!
Old 01-29-2012, 11:32 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Only an audiophile would get that one
Old 01-30-2012, 09:27 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Garage is 13 foot high. We are in the heart of Cary (Preston area) and it's virtually impossible to find a 3 car garage in this area. You have to move to some of the less sought after areas to get 3 car garages. If you do find a 3 car garage near where we are, then you paying 7 figures and have more square feet than you could want. We have 3500 sq feet and I feel at times it is too much. Heck, there are NO 3 car garage homes in our neighborhood and some of the homes are pushing 6000 sq feet! Since we wanted this area over all else, we decided to give up the 3rd stall. Having a ceiling that would accommodate a lift helped make the decision easier. We can get to downtown Raleigh in 15 min, Durham in 20, and Chapel Hill in 30. Move any direction away from where we are and those times increase dramatically (as does the traffic).

With that said, we are always thinking about moving as we really want a 3 car garage. The problem is (a) they are hard to find in this area; (b) we don't want to move again; we really have just about everything we want in a house; and (c) the house is worth a lot less than we paid for it when we built 5 years ago and that is a hard pill to swallow.
Thanks Dell, this is really helpful. We have found only a couple of homes in our price range in the Preston area, none have three car garages. 13 foot ceilings also seem to be rare so you are lucky!

I don't blame you for not wanting to move, that is something we struggled with also but we have decided to go for it and hopefully this will be the last time. We are going to take a hit financially as well but I guess we will gain it on the other side so it's almost a wash. If you were looking again, where would you look?
Old 01-30-2012, 09:59 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Thanks Dell, this is really helpful. We have found only a couple of homes in our price range in the Preston area, none have three car garages. 13 foot ceilings also seem to be rare so you are lucky!

I don't blame you for not wanting to move, that is something we struggled with also but we have decided to go for it and hopefully this will be the last time. We are going to take a hit financially as well but I guess we will gain it on the other side so it's almost a wash. If you were looking again, where would you look?
If we were looking again we'd look right where we are and just go with the homes that we passed on in the first place. This time around the only requirement for the 3 car garage is that the lift can still be used!

It also depends on if both of y'all work and where. Commute is the key to lowering your level of stress. The commute for my wife to her practice during rush hour is 12 minutes door to door! When the wife is happy, the family is happy

There were some of the others docs in her practice that commuted from Chapel Hill because they loved the area and the land they could get with their home but their commute time was upwards of an hour. No thanks. If we wanted that sort of commute, we'd go back to DC.

Quick Reply: A few pics from coffee this morning........