Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Aqua blue GT2RS...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 08:34 PM
GrayTT
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by senna
what is the point of only doing PTS for three people? Sounds bad brand Marketing for people who spend a ton of money on their cars.
You make it sound that the 2RS is not exceptional and that PTS is the only option that makes the car special

I dont believe anyone who got an allocation for 1 of 500 piece turned it down because of nonavailability PTS, but I could be wrong...
Old 02-01-2012, 08:52 PM
senna
Burning Brakes

GrayTT,

My point was, if you say yes to one customer, don't say no to others. Unless someone's money is worth more, I guess.

My criticism was towards PTS allocation policy only... Especially since, some of the customers who were turned down on their request have bought more than one new car from them in the past.. I stand by my comment, and looking from the outside in, it looks like poor marketing and customer service.

SC
Old 02-01-2012, 08:58 PM
senna
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GrayTT
You make it sound that the 2RS is not exceptional and that PTS is the only option that makes the car special

I dont believe anyone who got an allocation for 1 of 500 piece turned it down because of nonavailability PTS, but I could be wrong...
Also, please read post number 2.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:19 PM
lopro
Banned

these last 3 are absolute sex
Old 02-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by The Baron
I have an email from the krauts saying "absolutely NO PTS will be offered for the GT2RS".

This email was in response to my multiple Inquiries as I was placing my 2RS order.

After begging for months and finally gave my order to a friend and got a 4.0 PTS instead.

I'll never understand their logic !
And yet I was told under to uncertain circumstances that PTS was not available in Canada for the 4.0 GT3 RS.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:20 AM
2K7TTMIA
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Do you think that a buyer with some pedigree and serious cash would maybe offer Porsche ..let's say ...
$500K on top of the purchased price for the last three GT2RS's and request that they also be PTS? just sayin..money talks...
I'm sure another cool $500K for a PTS RS 4.0 would be in the works..headed to someones car collection...
Old 02-05-2012, 11:53 AM
GrayTT
Intermediate

GrayTT,

My point was, if you say yes to one customer, don't say no to others. Unless someone's money is worth more, I guess.

My criticism was towards PTS allocation policy only... Especially since, some of the customers who were turned down on their request have bought more than one new car from them in the past.. I stand by my comment, and looking from the outside in, it looks like poor marketing and customer service.

SC
I hear you, but keep in mind if it was not for these three making it to the net the 4.0 would have never been offered with PTS...
Originally Posted by 2K3TTMIA
Do you think that a buyer with some pedigree and serious cash would maybe offer Porsche ..let's say ...
$500K on top of the purchased price for the last three GT2RS's and request that they also be PTS? just sayin..money talks...
I'm sure another cool $500K for a PTS RS 4.0 would be in the works..headed to someones car collection...
I actually know of four people that offered "serious cash" and were turned down...
Old 02-05-2012, 01:00 PM
senna
Burning Brakes

Ok, how did you get your car PTS? Just wondering.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Meeyatch1
Instructor

Location: Fishers, Indiana (USA) and Barrie, Ontario (Canada)

I hear you, but keep in mind if it was not for these three making it to the net the 4.0 would have never been offered with PTS...

I actually know of four people that offered "serious cash" and were turned down...
What does "serious cash" mean in real dollars? Curious about what people consider "serious cash".
Old 02-05-2012, 02:16 PM
gomarlins3
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed, do want.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:23 PM
GrayTT
Intermediate

Ok, how did you get your car PTS? Just wondering.
I seriously asked very nicely... over and over and over again
Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
What does "serious cash" mean in real dollars? Curious about what people consider "serious cash".
To me "serious cash" is relative to what you are buying... so here I would say anything over 30-35% of the value. But whatever serious cash was in the market for PTS, it was not serious enough to buy Porsche AG... the decision to PTS these cars was not financial
And for two out of the three not to make it to their intended buyers, I would think AG might never make exceptions again
Old 02-05-2012, 09:56 PM
lopro
Banned

whats that like 8k extra ?
Old 02-06-2012, 12:13 AM
senna
Burning Brakes

I seriously asked very nicely... over and over and over again

To me "serious cash" is relative to what you are buying... so here I would say anything over 30-35% of the value. But whatever serious cash was in the market for PTS, it was not serious enough to buy Porsche AG... the decision to PTS these cars was not financial
And for two out of the three not to make it to their intended buyers, I would think AG might never make exceptions again
Well, it looks like there is few tiers of decision making from Porsche? Region? HQ? Production, etc... I think you know someone especial, regardless. I love your car, congratulations. The best color in my opinion. I love my car too, and I am so very happy with the decion I made, and how lucky I was for finding it.

Best,

SC
Old 02-06-2012, 07:05 AM
GrayTT
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lopro
whats that like 8k extra ?
More like 80
... I love your car, congratulations. The best color in my opinion. I love my car too, and I am so very happy with the decion I made, and how lucky I was for finding it.
Thank you.... I feel the same way able the color
Old 02-06-2012, 12:28 PM
lopro
Banned

80,000? so your telling me you paid near carrera gt money for a gt2 with a flashy paintjob?

Quick Reply: Aqua blue GT2RS...