Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

997 GT3 vs. 993 GT2 Evo - Track video

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 05:36 PM
lopro
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Selcuk
Hi Lopro ; Thank you for your latest post That 3.9 GT3 was my favorite NA car of all time and I really miss it RS was also very fun with sequential gearbox box and sold to another Rennlister. Now, I am a forced induction Porsche guy!! Also to find the right tuner for our GTs is very important and I can honestly say I am very luck about it

Cheers,

Selcuk

Selcuk thanks for your reply, Again amazing work on these fine examples of gt2, 997's an turbo setups

Im looking recently into SQS sequential systems and i noticed you have the quaife sequential, How do you like it? What do you think a guy should get, I like the idea of the SQS but I think still having to use the clutch all the time is kinda not right.

What is your opinion on these sequential setups? I drive my car for mostly track but I also drive on street often(65% track & 35% street)

Also Im thinking with seqential haveing No more 5th to 3rd is a bit of a drawback sometimes on street but I like the idea of no missed shifts and racecar feel on track. Im not sure yet what I want to do. For me now is the time because Im having to park the car for 4 months to watch the snow in canada. So working on the car now would limit anymore downtime.
maybe you have some advice?
Old 12-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Selcuk
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lopro , sorry for my late respond. Actually driving a sequential GT2/3 on the road would be a bit hardcore for most people. You need to change the engine and transmission mounts to solid ones in order to make the clutchless down shifts. Solid mounts means very loud transmission & engine sound inside the cabin which maybe a downside for you? but for me, it was the best thing done to my 993 GT2 I track/road my car 50/50. Once you get used to that transmission, its like driving a regular GT2/3. You only use the clutch for launching then you can forget the clutch on both down&upshifts. The car really becomes very quick in every moment. If you want a smooter shifting action on the road, you just need to lift of the gas for half a second while shifting but at track you dont need it The one that I put in to my car is the latest generation sequential by Quaife for 997 Cup Cars. All I can say is they are rock solid in a 750nm torque GT2. I ve driven it with road tires at some track events it easily handled the stress. But it may be risky with the racing slicks hope this helps..

Cheers

Quick Reply: 997 GT3 vs. 993 GT2 Evo - Track video