Anyone running GMG WC Sport Header?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 11:46 AM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

Regarding warranty issues, we have dealers local to GMG that we work with that are much more lenient regarding aftermarket parts and what they will or will not cover. Most of our clients, if they have a warranty issue will come in and have us replace the GMG system with their stock system and they head right into the dealer with no issues. Some go right to the dealer with no issues, it all depends on what the issue may be.

They can't void your warranty if you have a suspension issue just because you have an aftermarket exhaust on the car.......

Plus, I haven't heard of too many issues with GT3's, at least none of the ones we have dealt with.

Lastly, forming a strong relationship with your local dealer is obviously a plus. We have 5 dealers within 40 miles of GMG, so many have already done so.

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 12-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by James-GMG
Regarding warranty issues, we have dealers local to GMG that we work with that are much more lenient regarding aftermarket parts and what they will or will not cover. Most of our clients, if they have a warranty issue will come in and have us replace the GMG system with their stock system and they head right into the dealer with no issues. Some go right to the dealer with no issues, it all depends on what the issue may be.

They can't void your warranty if you have a suspension issue just because you have an aftermarket exhaust on the car.......

Plus, I haven't heard of too many issues with GT3's, at least none of the ones we have dealt with.

Lastly, forming a strong relationship with your local dealer is obviously a plus. We have 5 dealers within 40 miles of GMG, so many have already done so.
James

Too many 3.8 rs have had engine issues to risk changing headers
Old 12-08-2011, 01:01 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Izzone,

I haven't heard of any issues personally with cars that we have seen in the shop so I would be curious to hear what you have observed regarding engine issues.

Keep in mind, "engine issues" could include a myriad of things......a more efficient cat rarely causes a major issue, at least from my experience.

If a driver over-revs a car, RS or GT3 or stock 997.....that is a bigger problem as many of these cars see track duty..........again, just speaking of our experience at GMG as our clients mostly track their cars.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Izzone,

I haven't heard of any issues personally with cars that we have seen in the shop so I would be curious to hear what you have observed regarding engine issues.

Keep in mind, "engine issues" could include a myriad of things......a more efficient cat rarely causes a major issue, at least from my experience.

If a driver over-revs a car, RS or GT3 or stock 997.....that is a bigger problem as many of these cars see track duty..........again, just speaking of our experience at GMG as our clients mostly track their cars.
Not over rev related

I agree cats arnt causing it. Just dont want ammunition for warranty denial

I'll send you a note
Old 12-08-2011, 03:26 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
So does the Sport Header system pass emissions?
The header system with our 200 cell sport catalyst will pass emissions- it will not trigger a check engine light.

You need to check with your local state to see what is allowed and what is not legal for a road car.

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 12-08-2011, 04:05 PM
senna
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

James,

Thanks for the reply. What setup would recomend to sound as close to a Cup car as possible?

Thanks,

SC
Old 12-08-2011, 04:11 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by senna
James,

Thanks for the reply. What setup would recomend to sound as close to a Cup car as possible?

Thanks,

SC
Our WC headers and muffler set that we sell for the street GT3/RS is as close as you can get to a Cup car setup as the street car has the cats and the race car setup does not. The rest of the setup is very close to one another.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
I'll send you a note
Don't be shy Izzone. Are you guys in Anita Bryant country popping motors?
Old 12-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Don't be shy Izzone. Are you guys in Anita Bryant country popping motors?
me, nope
Old 12-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 916 Posts

So no 3.8 RS engine issues. Good.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

None for me, that's not for the bulk
Old 12-09-2011, 12:44 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

PM sent
Old 12-09-2011, 11:02 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

You need to check with your local state to see what is allowed and what is not legal for a road car.
No emission tests in Florida, we have sea breeze.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:56 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

You can go to our website for video
http://gmgracing.com/porsche_exhaust...72header.shtml

You can also go to you tube and search

GMG 997 GT3 or GMG Racing.

We are doing a GMG World Challenge GT3 3.8 for a customer as we speak.

Here is a birds eye view of the components required to convert a GT3 3.8 :

Last edited by gmgracing; 12-12-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Red Bear
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

GMG installed the WC headers on my 2010 GT3 at Sebring earlier this year. The power gain is huge and everyone refers to my car as the white GT3 that sounds like a Cup Car. Currently I have 75 track hours on the system and no issues. The performance, sound and reliability is beyond my expectations. Most everyone with and without exhaust modifications has incurred the check engine light this year and it was a simple t stat issue on my car which happens before the exhaust. The Dealer in Birmingham is strictly by the book on warranty. They repaired my check engine light issue under warranty with the GMG headers installed. All dealers are different and the Dealer in Texas I purchased the car from actually insisted they install the GMG center muffler before I took delivery. If you track you car extensively buy everything you can in the photo Fabryce posted. I just ordered the in stage 2 suspension so I cannot wait to try this out at Winterfest!

Grady Willingham

Quick Reply: Anyone running GMG WC Sport Header?