Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Tender Springs / bumpy tracks (Sebring) / suspension upgrades etc...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 06:59 PM
996CAB
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by 996CAB; 11-29-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:26 PM
996CAB
Instructor

Default MagneRide with rear adjustment...v3 is coming...!

Last edited by 996CAB; 11-29-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:54 PM
996CAB
Instructor

Old 11-28-2012, 12:57 PM
996CAB
Instructor

Old 02-17-2013, 02:08 AM
996CAB
Instructor

Default It is that talentless William again...

...having fun in his 2-ton barge...

enjoy -

part 2 -

Well, with the help of Paul we have finally got MSS off the ground with the first of four kits out testing and launch planned in July post-TUV approval. The kits being developed for the Audi TT platform are as follows...;

MSS Sports - aimed at those who use their cars 75% streets and 25% track.

MSS Sports Plus - aimed at those who use their cars 50% streets and 50% track.

MSS Sports Track Pack - aimed at those who use their cars 75% streets and 25% track.

MSS Sports Track Pack Plus - aimed at those who use their cars 100% on track.

I have now moved on to the second of the four kit developed and undergoing track testing.

...here am Testing MSS Sports Plus just having fun on track as usual in my supposedly very heavy; poor handling; incapable suspension coupled with my inability to drive the car properly...Ohh, the suspension is the Audi MagneRide dampers mated to my self-developed MSS springs kit.

The only car that gave me grief on track yesterday was the 3.8 GT3RS on slick tyres. Everything else which were stripped out on track day or slick tyres we competed well against...no one else passed me from my memory though check the video as I may be wrong... :P

At one point in the first video I slowed down to let a black Golf go past - well, watching him stood at a corner ahead of my track session I noted he was able to carry more speed than others so when I saw him behind me I slowed enough to allow him to go past so that I can follow him and watch 'his lines'...well, I posted my fastest time of the day following him...so that was a wise move indeed.

My car is a TT-RS Roadster and weighs in at 1568kg (yeah, my dustbin sized discs; heavy suspension; boot full of my luggage - I had my gym kit in the boot amongst other rubbish hence the banging noise you hear - all hindered here I guess :lol: ) ; I weigh an additional 95kg; I have REVO S2; Michelin PS2 tyres...nowt else.

Honestly, there is nowt wrong with the MagneRide dampers even for those contemplating serious track use or just daily driving - you just need to get a properly matched spring kit to bring out its capability.

I drove 200 miles round trip which was 4.5hrs in total from my Hampshire based home to Brands Hatch, had another great fun day on track and was as fresh as you like...all I did was as follows...;
- Left MagneRide in the soft mode driving the 100 miles to Brands Hatch.
- Checked my wheel nuts - torque wrench in the boot permanently helped here.
- Pressed the Sports button to firm up MagneRide.
- went off to play...the banging you hear is my boot full of my gym kit which weighs a ton in it self and other rubbish I keep in the boot.
- after the trackday I simply pressed the 'Sports' button again for a comfy ride home on my return 100 miles journey which took over 2hrs...

This level of convenience is, imho, what makes semi-active suspensions a hoot and welcome addition and the MagneRide is indeed a fine example of that...just needed my MSS kit to shine as seen on the video...!

Paul, thanks for your continued support behind the scenes...!
Old 03-16-2013, 06:03 AM
996CAB
Instructor

Default MSS on FB...

...Hi all,
from my exploits here working with Paul we have finally got a FB page up with lots more info on MSS through the development cycle and more to add as I go through my stored databank for info that I can share - http://www.facebook.com/pages/MSS-Sp...38913022946884

This will be the central place to get up to speed on MSS. Also likely to be the place for testers to add a little bit more details as they complete their various testing scenarios.

WB

Quick Reply: Tender Springs / bumpy tracks (Sebring) / suspension upgrades etc...