Chin Sebring Nov 5+6 who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 10:18 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Well I'm here. See you in the morning.
See you Sat with the new One Lap car trying to get the break in done. Coming Sunday with the GT3 for a little track fun.

Peter
Old 11-04-2011, 10:24 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now we are talking

Drive safe !
Old 11-04-2011, 10:26 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

Da Boss is in the house..
Old 11-04-2011, 10:29 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Peter how long to the medicine to kick in ?

LOL
Old 11-04-2011, 10:30 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I know not of what you speak off.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:39 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

lmao
Old 11-06-2011, 11:18 PM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

had fun
coach sick as a dog but managed a half day...

video of first session with trakcar and izzone in front..

a rarity to get a point by by peter...... (he passed me later....)

i think he was distracted on his first date with his coach......

i've used mine before

one lap with coach only 2 seconds left on car with brakes being an issue right now...at least i have a goal now....

you guys have a good day?

mk

Last edited by mkk62; 11-07-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:18 AM
ArcticGT3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Mike,

Great job! Your coach's lap is incredible. I feel so inadequate! Who was your coach? You have quite a goal now. Have you done anything to your car? Mine is undergoing extensive surgery (strip, cage, safety equipment, light doors, hood, and rear lid). See you soon!

Armando
Old 11-07-2011, 03:23 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

coach's t1 and t17 very good. he get's the car turned in superbly.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:16 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by mkk62
had fun
coach sick as a dog but managed a half day...

video of first session with trakcar and izzone in front..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6PdK...eature=related

a rarity to get a point by by peter...... (he passed me later....)

i think he was distracted on his first date with his coach......

i've used mine before

one lap with coach only 2 seconds left on car with brakes being an issue right now...at least i have a goal now....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG0SoX0smlw

you guys have a good day?

mk
Had too much drama on first day, car kept feeling like crap. Come to find out I had two tires losing air ( stood it sideways once in 17. Rear had 10 psi)

Day two was fantastic. Chris took data in the car, 2:21. I did a few 2:23 with him in the car
Old 11-07-2011, 09:04 AM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome. Peter 's gonna need his point by glove ready for you.

Mk
Old 11-07-2011, 09:46 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

My car got new PP and clutch, but it felt superlight getting back from the dealer and it broke again after 100 miles. So Game over right?

WRONG.

Randy, you are one classy guy. As soon as I hear my car will be done for the weekend, I hear a yell "I guess my car will get one hell of a workout this weekend”.
We probably put 600+ miles on Randy's car.
THANK YOU!

Chris Hall was great, I really learned a lot and I learned different things then I expected to learn, not really knowing what I expected to learn. He sat in the car with Randy and me for hours on end and staying focused, talking his *** off and making me faster and faster. I could never sit that long in a car as a passenger at speed!

If I was not so hard headed we’d be going even faster. But you know the Dutch, Wooden shoes, wouldn’t listen ;-). I do know what to do now. I just must override my old brain waves and just do it. We have great data in Randy’s car and we will be able to get into smaller details comparing all our data and try to chase your execution. Great weekend.

Both Randy and I were running 2:23's with Chris in the car, so he made us faster. (Randy you have any data/video merged yet?) Randy will be a force to be reconned with soon, or is already now?!
The best I could do on my own in my own car was 2:222 earlier:
and a 2:23 flat with a passenger is faster then that. I took it almost 10/10th. (My 10/10th, not the cars) in Randy's car.
My last session when my car broke we were running 2:24's with a TBL of 2:224 while trying to learn new things, but still doing it wrong, my way:
Too bad, you can't hear his instructions.
I got much better later the second day in Randy's car, so there is no doubt in my mind I can find seconds if I would do what Chris Hall told me to do. Knowing one thing, doing another.

Eddie, thanks for hanging out, pumping my clutch 2000 or 3000 times, I lost count.

ViperBob, thank you for diving under my car and trying to fix it twice. One of the few good guys out there. Guys servicing their car on the west coast are lucky to have you there.
The prudent thing to do as a Porsche service shop would be to send me an invoice, but I will pay you back either way somehow.

Now on to Champion. That WON’T be a thank you e-mail ;-)

Mike, you are flying in that 996!!!!
I had a belly laugh following you and I suspect you are having as much fun as me in the car.
You are the fasted most spectectacular funnest to watch 996GT3 out there.

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 11-07-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:26 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Had a great weekend at the track with the help of Ian (Mr. Sideways) sitting next to me. I was trying to get comfortable with the car, and improve a bit. The car is very different that my previous one, (well sorted 996GT2). Main thing is that the GT3 much more refined, and the power is more than enough. For those who think that the difference is tremendous, only 30whp.
My car is bone stock, and for bone stock I mean not even toe links, which I think could be a good help. I honestly don't know what kind of alignment specs could be achieved without the toe links.
Randy let me use one of his set of 18'' wheels with RA-1's, and on duty we go(THANK YOU RANDY). Car was feeling good, but the rear end really loose. As usual I'm fighting and Ian trying to make me not overdrive the car, and take the ''DRAMA'' out (slides). DRAMA = lost of time. Building up speed, and couldn't get a clean lap (without mistakes). After sliding thru 17, 5, and few others, we finally nail a good lap which would be a high 2:21, if not delayed by a Miata. on the straight away and 17.
Ian got a 2:21.1 with traffic, but also thinks that the car is way too loose.

Sunday:

Started the day with the OEM wheels and Stock Michelin Cups. Is clear that the car doesn't have the same amount of grip. Even braking points had to be readjusted. Started to get frustrated, and overdriving the car.

As per Rodger (Orbit) recommendation we increase front bar (can't thank Peter - 85Gold and Ian) enough for be on their back doing the job.
Car gets a lot better, much more planted, but the tires are just not up to there.

Overall good experience, very happy with the instruction, but not there yet.

Special thanks to Ian, Randy, Peter (85gold) and Trakcar, such a great group.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Randy, you are one classy guy. As soon as I hear my car will be done for the weekend, I hear a yell "I guess my car will get one hell of a workout this weekend”.
We probably put 600+ miles on Randy's car.
THANK YOU!
you are welcome

I was super pleased. I had a handfull of traffic free 2:23's with Chris in the car. Cant wait to try a lap without him and without a heat soaked car

I think we put 680 track miles on my car.

How many car can you run one full hour then give a 30 minute break and one more hour

I will try to merge video data later, my brain is too tired to do it

Chris's last comment to me was "how much fuel did you and Peter go through in your car".....lol
Old 11-07-2011, 12:28 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

You guys looked great out there! Chris is an awesome coach isn't he?!?!?! I need to get him back into my car again soon.

Quick Reply: Chin Sebring Nov 5+6 who's going?