Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

.2 GT3 Clutch Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 02:07 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 997 Likes on 372 Posts
Default .2 GT3 Clutch Problem?

I have a '10 GT3 which I purchased with 2400mi. PPI was flawless. Car drove fine for the first 1000 or so miles. Since then, it has started to get difficult to modulate and it has a really bad chatter in reverse. I have stalled it a few times since this started happening and I can't even remember the last time I stalled any other car. When it was in for alignment, my shop (they maintain cup cars) mentioned that something was wrong with it. The owner though it might have a hot spot and may work itself out. He did suggest I take it into the dealer for a possible fix though. As far as the "driver error" possibility, I have been driving a clutch for 25+ years and have never burned one out...ever.

That said:
1. Has anyone ever had a similar problem?
2. For anyone who has had a clutch problem short of the pressure plate exploding, have you had any luck getting the dealer to fix it? My concern is they will say "clutch is fried...your problem...no warranty". I'd rather not waste my time if that's the case.

Thanks
Old 09-13-2011, 11:32 AM
LehmanZ06
Pro

Received 99 Likes on 62 Posts

Maybe you are reading too much into the stalling thing.

Give it more gas to get it going at slow speeds.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:56 PM
triode
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 20 Posts

The reverse chatter is similar to what I experienced from the get-go; turned out that slave cylinder was leaking and led to premature clutch failure (my bad for not taking it back to dealer right away). Not only can you not get clutch replaced under warranty, but local dealer gave me an extremely hard time on replacement of obviously defective slave cylinder after I had my indy shop replace the clutch assembly.

I will never use the dealer for anything again, other than recalls or obvious warranty replacements...

Last edited by triode; 09-13-2011 at 03:57 PM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply: .2 GT3 Clutch Problem?