997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

JRZ shock tuning advice please.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011 | 02:01 PM
adfsouth
Rennlist Member

Default JRZ shock tuning advice please.....

Any educated setup advice would be greatly appreciated.

Been enjoying DEs for about 6 years (10 to 12 events per year) and run advanced solo. Home track is Sebring which is a combo of smooth and bumpy. I like my car (07 GT3) to handle relatively neutral with an touch of understeer and I trail-brake). I installed JRZ RS Pro with 600/800 springs a couple of months ago and l'm in the process of adjusting things to my liking. There are 12 compression settings and 15 rebound settings. TPC suggested to start with a compression of 5 from soft all around with a front rebound of 7 and the rear at 9. Canister pressures are 200lbs all around. This felt ok but I've made a few changes since. I am currently running the setup detailed below. Please critique my settings and share your JRZ or Moton settings. Thanks.

Front:
Compression- 4
Rebound- 6
Sway - one from full stiff
Camber - neg 2.8 per side
Toe - 0

Rear:
Compression - 5
Rebound - 8
Rear Sway- Full Soft
Camber - neg 2.3 per side
Toe - 2mm in per side

Ride height about 20mm down from stock - tires are shaved RA1s
Old 09-10-2011 | 06:06 PM
mobonic
Drifting

There is no magic number for the shocks, thats why they are adjustable.. every track and even every day at the same track is different and you have to mess with them every-time to find that sweet spot for that track and make sure your write down all setting for that track and day and temps..

then next time you visit the track you have a baseline and might only need certain tweaks.

I use compression to dial out understeer or oversteer in my car.

I have JRZ RS Pro's with 900/1100 springs with a full cage and yoko slicks...

Quick Reply: JRZ shock tuning advice please.....