Old 09-02-2011, 11:22 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts
Default XPEL Ultimate Film

Hi Guys,

Wanted to post this video to demonstrate the stain resistance of our new Ultimate Paint Protection Film.

I'm sure some may be thinking, "why would I care?" The reason I am posting this is that the reason you have seen paint protection film yellow in the past is staining. Staining comes from environmental pollutants, road tar, rubber residue, oils and such and cast a tinge of yellowish, brownish hue over the film. This is also probably one of the main reasons some folks don't install paint protection on their cars. Who wants this stuff on their car if after a few months or years the product looks bad, right?

Anyway, in this video you can see how our newest achievement in PPF resists staining. Sorry for the fact that it is an Audi in the video, but what can I say?

http://www.xpel.com/media/video/r8_ultimate_test.wmv

Old 09-03-2011, 12:05 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 196 Posts

Interesting stuff! Are the mechanical properties any different from the "regular" XPEL material?

I've always had colored cars but would imagine this to be a big plus for folks with white.

Up next: how about stain-resistant SATIN? I'll be your first guinea pig in Asia after my current "regular" satin wears out
Old 09-03-2011, 02:24 AM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
Interesting stuff! Are the mechanical properties any different from the "regular" XPEL material?

I've always had colored cars but would imagine this to be a big plus for folks with white.

Up next: how about stain-resistant SATIN? I'll be your first guinea pig in Asia after my current "regular" satin wears out
Very different. This film uses a self-healing automotive clear coat that recovers from swirls and light scratches in the surface that would otherwise have to be buffed out. Additionally, it has a very low surface energy (kind of like a teflon pan has) that allows contaminants and stains to wipe off very easily. This is what allows the film to shrug off things like ink and egg stains that would ruin a paint job. It works similarly to bird droppings, bug stains or anything else your car would encounter in the real world.

On the matte finish film, we have a product in testing now that is the same as our Stealth film (matte finish) but employs the same clear coat as the one in the video. I'll let you know how it does in testing.

Oh, and as far as being just for white cars, anyone ever had hard water stains or bird droppings on their film with a darker colored car? With this film, it all just wipes off.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:39 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 758 Posts

After trying Vinyl and finding out that it won't hold up to track use I switched to XPEL ultimate on my car.
It looks supersmooth and clear, but I have not had a chance to get it on track yet.

We should re-do this video after I've done a few hundred miles at Sebring over a 2-3 day weekend adding some real track grime, oil and rubber marks (Pics below during track event with Vinyl still on) No eggs needed

If my car can be cleaned and the film holds up, it will work for everyone

So far so good, I've treated the film with Xpel cleaning material and sealer and had my car dirtied every day the last 2 weeks as I have been driving it around in the rain several times a day and it washes off easily.
Attached Images    
Old 09-03-2011, 10:57 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 196 Posts

Holy mother of bugs, that front bumper is insect genocide on a new scale!
Old 09-03-2011, 11:12 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

What a mess!
Old 09-03-2011, 11:29 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Lol, soon my new wrap will look just like it
Old 09-03-2011, 11:31 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

You should have them wrap it with like 6 layers. You could just peel them like a helmet "tear off" when it gets dirty
Old 09-03-2011, 11:33 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I had 3 layers of Vinyl :-)
It just does not come off how you want it, layers stick or it all comes off, etc.
It did protect the paint very well. my car was absolutely new underneith, not the smallest scratch.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:38 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

I feel sorry for the poor bastard who buys your car eventually. It's going to be in concours condition, totally concealing the fact that it will have like 20k brutal track miles
Old 09-03-2011, 01:07 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I spoke to the buyer of my last GT3 last week. He bought it over a year ago with 17K miles and was still very happy with his purchase.
I sent him all my flatout video's before he bought the car ;-)

http://www.trakcar.com/porsche/ This shows my only 2 spins ever never damaged the car on track, but it did fall off the jack, creasing the rocker panel and I showed him that invoice for the repair, etc.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:40 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CRex
Holy mother of bugs, that front bumper is insect genocide on a new scale!
I'll say! Yikes!

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I spoke to the buyer of my last GT3 last week. He bought it over a year ago with 17K miles and was still very happy with his purchase.
I sent him all my flatout video's before he bought the car ;-)

http://www.trakcar.com/porsche/ This shows my only 2 spins ever never damaged the car on track, but it did fall off the jack, creasing the rocker panel and I showed him that invoice for the repair, etc.
+1 for full disclosure and honesty. Just went through the same with my Spyder buyer, told him everything. This "never driven in the rain" or "looked at with an angry glance" is such a load of BS when advertising a car.

I want to try this new Xpel on my incoming 4.0 in white exterior. Hook me up with a local shop Xpel man! Reno, Nevada. Thanks for the initial guinea pigging Peter!
Old 09-03-2011, 04:22 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
This shows my only 2 spins ever
When you say "2 spins ever", do you mean the only ones you caught on video in that car?
Old 09-03-2011, 05:32 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

I have the new Xpel on my car...it's black though....but you can hardly tell ther is film on it.

As far as Trakcar's dirty front bumper...Welcome To Florida! The Impossible To Keep A Car Clean State!
Old 09-03-2011, 05:48 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

When you say "2 spins ever", do you mean the only ones you caught on video in that car?
No, I mean ever. I don't have those "Oops my camera did not work" excuses :-)
I did drive off the track a coupe of times when brakes went out in the Mustang or just over cooked it a bit.

Quick Reply: XPEL Ultimate Film