Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Be all, End all, "special edition" - Porsche is shameless

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 12:53 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 856 Likes on 583 Posts

Since when is making money shameless. When did we all become anti-capitalist. Obviously Porsche is doing well. They make good products that people want to buy. It's business. Only people bitching are those that CANNOT buy one.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:00 AM
tlarocque
Three Wheelin'

Received 70 Likes on 34 Posts

Let's just hope the proceeds help fund a legit Le Mans contender. And I'm not bitching, I just think its really gimmicky.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:15 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's a crap concept. we like gt3's because they are hardcore cars, not because they are in fashion. if anybody wants to drop three quarter mill on a 918, then good luck to them, but then to be hit with another quarter for a matching flouro '918 edition' turbo s is a trap for fools in emerging markets where new money is king, and every handbag/tote/wallet/scarf/belt/shoes must come from the same fashion house, where multiplicity is true sign of status and new business is more important than old business. this turbo s is the hugely profitable cream on the 918 cake, that only people who are new to the game will fall for.
of course, i cannot afford one, but i don't care in the slightest. i'd rather do anything, but buy one.
it's crass to the max. to me, it's existence tarnishes the brand.

Quick Reply: Be all, End all, "special edition" - Porsche is shameless